BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > BMW n55 new pure turbos (pure 500 and pure 750)

05-17-2024, 03:43 PM   #375
ThreeStripes
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

IIRC M2guru did encounter that and just lightly bent them out of the way. Hopefully he’s got more intel for ya than that.
Appreciate 1
VGSON222.00
      05-17-2024, 07:47 PM   #376
Joestotn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235, Ducati 796, F-250D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
Also regarding the E85 access “within reason”, it’s dirt cheap race gas. If you have to walk 50mi both ways and carry a 5gal jug on your back do it. To each their own and what not, but it’s very very awesome and fun and you should do it.

One of the biggest constraints these cars have besides IATs and the HPFP is knock resistance. You get rid of that with Emix, and the car comes alive. Having a 5gal jug of it around even if you don’t run it routinely is worth the cost of entry with the Bend Cal flex kit and a custom tune.

Your car is going on a lift anyways. Install cost is marginal as a result. I highly recommend anyone on the fence that can add emix to a turbo/HPFP combo do so.
Glad to hear your still doing that. I'll probably add the flex option, but I encounter race fuel more than E. I also don't drive the car daily so it's not the priority. I used to run race fuel in my motorcycles on the regular, but it became a pain and I slowed down as i got older so I stopped.. frankly now I don't feel the need at all for it. But it may be tough to go race fuel and then not have it with the difference people seem to make between the two. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 04:09 AM   #377
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwnty2 View Post
Question: Installing my pure750 now and the inlet has very tight fitment with the oil or coolant (not sure which) line that's on the right side of the turbo in the first picture. Did you run into any similar issues? Or did it just go right on?
Was told by Pure's customer support that "It is a really tight fit, you can move it enough without damaging it. We tried to take advantage of the more airflow your turbo can get with our silicone inlets."

If you don't have everything buttoned up, I'd suggest bending that feed line a bit on both ends so that things line up well and give the intake enough room to fit on the turbo all the way.

I would not do what I did: 1) cut about an inch off the stock intake pipe (which has a metal interior ring and the plastic outside), 2) cut about 0.5 - 0.75 inches off the Pure silicone intake (stock intake pipe end), 3) put just enough Pure silicone intake pipe on both ends to get the worm-gear clamps to hold, 4) hope it stays on.

It has stayed on - it's only vacuum on that side of the turbo, but I don't like it. Next time I have to take the cold side of the turbo off I'll be bending the feed line a bit.

Happy to help with any questions you may have!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 01:12 PM   #378
TUDMG
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Went out on track with the Pure500 and everything ran beautifully. Very happy with power levels and delivery.

Also ran into another M2 testing the same turbo on track, and he’s loving his setup too. No issues with either car so far. Hopefully will get on a dyno in the next couple of weeks to see just how quick the car is.
Appreciate 2
M2guru424.00
VGSON222.00
      Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #379
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Hot side replaced. Now boosting past 30psi when I got off the gas as quickly as I could. Sent a log and am waiting for a revision.

Strange side note...the car for some strange reason after what is months if not years of having it coded out has decided to tell me that my tires are flat. Anyone have this ghost come back from the past? I didn't touch the ECU besides to clear the codes by using MHD.
Appreciate 1
VGSON222.00
      Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #380
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
Hot side replaced. Now boosting past 30psi when I got off the gas as quickly as I could. Sent a log and am waiting for a revision.

Strange side note...the car for some strange reason after what is months if not years of having it coded out has decided to tell me that my tires are flat. Anyone have this ghost come back from the past? I didn't touch the ECU besides to clear the codes by using MHD.
How is throttle response and power now that it’s replaced?

I had my boost leaks fixed and found another on my Turbosmart diverter - so we ordered o-rings for that. We are wondering if I will need to have my tune revised for the airflow. Interested to see how it turns out for you, and happy you’re back on the road.