BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BimmerCode - can't Unlock all doors or turn on Brakeforce Display

04-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
rameer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

BimmerCode - can't Unlock all doors or turn on Brakeforce Display

Hello all coders,

First of all thanks for all your support and wonderful suggestion on this forums. After so many threads about coding I purchased a vgate wifi device and BimmerCode and decided to code my F48 (late 2016 build) Most of the options I wanted to code now seems to work except the following three. Wondering if anyone has experienced these issues

1. Brake force display no longer available in basic mode under BDC. When I hooked up the vgate and read the device two weeks ago, it was listed under BDC but now it's gone.

2. Unlock all doors when ignition turned off. I set UNLOCK DOORS AUTOMATICALLY to ACTIVE but couldn't get all four doors to unlock. But only the the front two doors

3. Acoustical lock confirmation and Check acoustic lock confirmation - I set them both to Active but car won't beep when locked or unlocked. I want to point out that I don't have alarm system installed from factory.

If anyone has similar experiences can you please post how to solve this.

Thanks a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

The "Unlock doors automatically" did not work for me:

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=136

This worked:

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=152
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
landrumdh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48

Those idrive options do not exist on a 2016, only the refreshed v2 HU's get the option to unlock doors in the idrive system.
Appreciate 1
rameer5.00
      05-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameer View Post
Hello all coders,

First of all thanks for all your support and wonderful suggestion on this forums. After so many threads about coding I purchased a vgate wifi device and BimmerCode and decided to code my F48 (late 2016 build) Most of the options I wanted to code now seems to work except the following three. Wondering if anyone has experienced these issues

1. Brake force display no longer available in basic mode under BDC. When I hooked up the vgate and read the device two weeks ago, it was listed under BDC but now it's gone.

2. Unlock all doors when ignition turned off. I set UNLOCK DOORS AUTOMATICALLY to ACTIVE but couldn't get all four doors to unlock. But only the the front two doors

3. Acoustical lock confirmation and Check acoustic lock confirmation - I set them both to Active but car won't beep when locked or unlocked. I want to point out that I don't have alarm system installed from factory.

Thanks a bunch.
Are the rear door (child lock) safety switches on?
Appreciate 1
rameer5.00
      05-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
rameer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Quote:
Hello all coders,

Thanks a bunch.
Are the rear door (child lock) safety switches on?
I have no clue where they are. I will look for them. Thanks for the suggestion
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Here
Name:  45174DE2-F160-47B4-9968-136F88A8057A.jpeg
Views: 1637
Size:  142.3 KB

Also, it has been mentioned already but do check your iDrive, later models have a locking options menu.

Last edited by MJE60; 05-05-2019 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #7
rameer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here
Attachment 2046982

Also, it has been mentioned already but do check your iDrive, later models have a locking options menu.
Thanks for the photo. Tried the switch in both positions but still the doors won't unlock automatically.

Checked Idrive as well but there is not option to unlock all doors.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #8
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the photo. Tried the switch in both positions but still the doors won't unlock automatically.

Checked Idrive as well but there is not option to unlock all doors.
O.k , after checking my understanding is that this is an additional security feature specifically for North American market (i.e prevent litigation in US if someone stops car and gets attacked due to rear doors opening).

I have not tested these settings (as I have entrynav 2 , European spec and locking options in my iDrive menu). It may be that there is a blocking VO code which would require E-sys rather than Bimmercode to sort but worth a try

Try following, they should all be in BDC and you will need expert mode (use search function to find exact location). Please also allow up to an hour after coding (some coding can have a delay before taking effect). Please note you may not have all of these but
CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_SELECTIVE
might be aktiv and disabling it to nicht or other way round might sort issue for you. (try this setting on its own first)

CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING
If this is already aktiv then it will probably not help but if it is showing nicht then change to aktiv (also possible there may be options against this setting e.g front, front and rear or Vorne or vorne & hinten)

CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK
I believe this setting differentiates between driver locking doors and car autolocking the doors (will not auto unlock if driver locks doors).

In expert mode in BDC Ecu search for “CLI” and then ‘CLM” and then “UNLOCK’ look through the settings in case there is anything obvious.

Finally if none of the above work, try searching “Hinten” in BDC
It should throw up settings like
KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN (which is expert mode setting for rear door comfort access). You will be looking for anything obvious.
Also try looking IN HU for
KEY_CONF_UNLOCK_VEHICLE
Just in case it enables the iDrive menu for locking options (most likely not there but worth a try).
Anyhow, best I can do (late at night here).

Warning - in expert mode you can scr*w things if you make changes you do not understand so avoid anything you are not sure what is does, also avoid multiple changes, take one at a time and wait for hour (slow and boring I know).Keep detailed notes, make sure you have back-up etc., nag nag nag

Last edited by MJE60; 05-07-2019 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
rameer5.00
      05-11-2019, 05:52 AM   #9
rameer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
O.k , after checking my understanding is that this is an additional security feature specifically for North American market (i.e prevent litigation in US if someone stops car and gets attacked due to rear doors opening).

I have not tested these settings (as I have entrynav 2 , European spec and locking options in my iDrive menu). It may be that there is a blocking VO code which would require E-sys rather than Bimmercode to sort but worth a try
Thanks for such a detailed explanation MJE60. I will try this and keep you posted. It amazes me how much knowledge some of you guys on this forum have and your willingness to help.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #10
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

Quote:
I don't think security feature applies in Canada as I set it in the HU through iDrive on my 2018 X1. By the way, North America is not only U.S., although Donald Trump may think so.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #11
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcs2229 View Post
I don't think security feature applies in Canada as I set it in the HU through iDrive on my 2018 X1. By the way, North America is not only U.S., although Donald Trump may think so.
I am well aware North American is not just the US. You may we’ll be correct that the security feature is just for US market but I mentioned it as the feature appears to be active on Rameer’s car and there is no iDrive option to manage settings. It may be due to production date and HU type. I offered coding settings as a possible solution.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #12
rameer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Although NA models are same, there are definitely some features enabled in US that are not enabled in Canada. For example when I take my car to US I can see temperatures for different cities in NAV screen but the same is not true for Canada. We don't get the same feature in Canada. When I called customer relations they said some features are not enabled in Canada ☹️

I will try expert mode today and see if I can find the options work.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #13
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Good luck, I hope it works for you.
Appreciate 1
rameer5.00
      05-12-2019, 06:36 PM   #14
rameer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the suggestion MJE60. so I did the coding this morning.

changed CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_SELECTIVE from Activ to Nicht. Checked immediately and waited for about 7-8 hours before checking again but still no luck.

CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING already Activ. the other two options are nicht and our_nach_v_varriegeln

CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK couldn't find this option

KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN - Default value is wert_01 so not sure what to do with this.

KEY_CONF_UNLOCK_VEHICLE - doesn't have this option.

I also sent an email to BimmerCode developer (forgot his name) and waiting for his reply.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 03:33 AM   #15
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion MJE60. so I did the coding this morning.

changed CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_SELECTIVE from Activ to Nicht. Checked immediately and waited for about 7-8 hours before checking again but still no luck.

CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING already Activ. the other two options are nicht and our_nach_v_varriegeln

CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK couldn't find this option

KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN - Default value is wert_01 so not sure what to do with this.

KEY_CONF_UNLOCK_VEHICLE - doesn't have this option.

I also sent an email to BimmerCode developer (forgot his name) and waiting for his reply.
Hi
Sorry none of these worked. The only remaining suggestion I have (although I will try and research problem for you) is to change
KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN. wert_01. To ——>. wert_00 (zero zero)

Test the doors and see what happens when you press unlock on key fob ( do rear doors now open as well) then test what happens when ignition is turned off after auto locking when driving.
If changing wert does not work then just change it back again, the wert values have various functions and do differ between FDL ( basically functions) but _00 can be aktiv for some FDL (unfortunately so can _01).

Last edited by MJE60; 05-13-2019 at 03:40 AM..
Appreciate 1
rameer5.00
      05-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #16
rameer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hi
Sorry none of these worked. The only remaining suggestion I have (although I will try and research problem for you) is to change
KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN. wert_01. To ——>. wert_00 (zero zero)

Test the doors and see what happens when you press unlock on key fob ( do rear doors now open as well) then test what happens when ignition is turned off after auto locking when driving.
If changing wert does not work then just change it back again, the wert values have various functions and do differ between FDL ( basically functions) but _00 can be aktiv for some FDL (unfortunately so can _01).
You don't have to be sorry. I am glad to get some help.

I will change the setting this evening and keep you posted.
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      10-08-2019, 01:57 AM   #17
mondynet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1, X3, X7

Did you get a chance to solve the auto unlock at end of trip? I tried this with bimmercode and didn’t work. Let me know if you are able to find the correct setting in Expert mode. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 07:05 AM   #18
rameer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondynet View Post
Did you get a chance to solve the auto unlock at end of trip? I tried this with bimmercode and didn’t work. Let me know if you are able to find the correct setting in Expert mode. Thanks.
No it didn't work unfortunately 😥
Appreciate 0