BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
venom3469
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW/R 6MT 335i, YZF-R6.

Angry So Pissed Off At This POS Body Shop!!

So a couple weeks ago I was in my night class when some asshole hit and run my car. So I have to wait a week and a half just to get my car in the shop. I was going to take it to BMW of Huntsville but it is like and hour and a half away. I had to go get a Safeco damage estimate in Florence at Cadillac/Bently no matter what where I live. I could of either get the estimate and get it done there with a life time warranty or take it to BMW of Huntsville. I had assumed since they work on other nice cars all the time that they could handle it...Boy Was I WRONG!

Why did I not take it to BMW of Huntsville!

So it was suppose to be done in three days of delivery. On day two I do a little surprise pop in to see how things where going. The bumper they had got was aftermarket (after a damaged bumper gets messed up they repair it and use it again...It was in my policy, I was pissed off. I didn't know) The hood was new just the bumper was after market. So I go in and start looking at the paint job and I notice two holes in the front bumper where they put a front license plate on...Well I live in Alabama that is not required and now I have two holes in the bumper. Which from a distance looks like two nice size chip marks! So I get the manager and he says he didn't even notice it. He also trys to tell me all of them have the holes there for a front license plate. I told him he was nuts and to look at my old bumper guess what...no holes! But he said he will get it fixed and I wont notice it tomorrow when I pick it up....I dismiss it and figure he will handle it but I made it very clear if it doesn't look right I will not accept the car.

So the next morning I call the guy he says the aftermarket bumper wasn't lining up right. So now he has to order a new one from BMW and it wouldn't be ready for another six days!

Well finally the day comes today and I go to pick it up. He tells me he had to buy another left head lamp...that it was cracked and needed to be replaced. No problem I was actually glad he noticed! So I start to look at the car and guess what... In ten seconds of looking at the bumper I notice where there must of been a chip on the bumper where someone said fuck it more or less and painted over it. (maybe a factory defect idk...but they just painted over it) So I look at the manager, point it out and ask what it is...He says, "Oh wow, I didn't even notice that."
:mad0 233:
ARE YOU SHITTING ME! YOU ARE A MANAGER OF A BODY SHOP HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU NOT NOTICE THESE THINGS!!!

He says just take the car and come back Thursday morning and we will fix it before the end of the day. So I get and my car and head to work when I get out and look it over again. I notice flaws in the paint job on the hood and the bumper. On the front lip of the hood it has paint dried out in drips so its not flush across. At this point I'm thinking how could this get worse...

So I get off work tonight and I remembered they changed out my front left light. So I get out of my car and guess what!! It of course is not working and light isn't even on. GREAT OF COURSE IT WOULD BE MESSED UP AS WELL!

IDK I'm going to call the guy in the morning and tell him to basically redo the whole damn thing!

Personally what would you of done if you where in my position?

Also sorry for the long rant but I had to get it out.

Last edited by venom3469; 04-25-2012 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
      04-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

You have the right to be mad.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

DId you have a rental or another car to drive? I wouldn't of even taken it back until it was done 100%
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
NBK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bazinga

tldr
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
venom3469
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
DId you have a rental or another car to drive? I wouldn't of even taken it back until it was done 100%
I did but I was suppose to drop it off that day and I was running late for work. I thought it was just that one thing...
      04-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

I wouldn't accept any of it. If it's not for right tell them so!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

call ur insurance and tell them to send a person over... examine it together and tell them u want to get it done somewhere else.

dont take the car til ur 100% happy!

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
venom3469
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I talked to the guy on the phone this morning. He is ordering another left light and when it comes in he is suppose to take care of the other problems as well...I hope so at lest!
      04-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Yeah....just like he "took care of" the other problems pointed out before. Have fun OP, guy sounds like he's completely oblivious to what happens in his shop.

Thing of it is, he's doing nothing to compensate you for your time driving back and forth and picking up rental cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #11
venom3469
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr
Yeah....just like he "took care of" the other problems pointed out before. Have fun OP, guy sounds like he's completely oblivious to what happens in his shop.

Thing of it is, he's doing nothing to compensate you for your time driving back and forth and picking up rental cars.
I really don't even care at this point. I just want my car back like it was originally.
      04-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
I've Been in this situation before... I feel your pain. Make sure you don't settle unless you're completely satisfied.
Appreciate 0