Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #45
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 MW

Got confirmation over the weekend she is in the paint shop that makes it 2 weeks earlier than expected lucky I made the change to full leather and MW when I did :-) seems like a lot of cars are going Into production early .. No complaints here :-)

Last edited by 76Gas; 07-14-2014 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 02:22 AM   #46
DeejAus
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4, 2013 535D

Nice. I have no confirmation other than it is end of June build.

I am tempted to phone every day to get an update but I dont want to be 'that guy'.

Having waited 14 months from the point of order to getting my E92, 20 months from order to getting my Desmosedici RR... I am kinda used to waiting for things. Until then I will just have to live vicariously through our American associates.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 04:23 AM   #47
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Yes well I think I'm that guy :-) I had the international salesman from Regal boats email me pics every morning during the build process of my boat it was awesome waking up around midnight to find another series of pics from the days build. If I only had a contact in the BMW plant :-)
Anyway it's supposed to be finished by the end of the week and then the long slow boat trip across to our shores. I wouldn't be surprised DJ if your build has also come forward so might be worth making that annoying call. They get it all the time and I'm sure they are use to it... Otherwise it's just called good customer service ...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #48
DeejAus
Private
Australia
Rep

Regal, nice, That's good service for you.

Worth a crack I suppose. Perhaps I will call past the dealer this week to ...you know..to book the car in for service or something and see if he can look it up on the computer whilst I just so happen to walk past his desk. I'm not sure I will be brought forward though. He told me origionally my build will be early June but the M4s got pushed back for some reason.

Anyway, can't be long now. What's another few weeks when I have had it on order for 10 months. Now I just have to work out wether I am going to go thru the hassle of selling my m3 privately or be happy to get a shitty trade price.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #49
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 San Marino Blue

I m putting my E60 up privately, but since I wont be getting the M3 till end of the year, I m in no hurry to sell mine now.
But I m looking forward to see the M3 in person when it launch close to end of July.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #50
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

My car is two weeks away from docking in Melbourne.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #51
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

That's much earlier than expected Way ? I thought yours was a late June build which would have made it a week 26 maybe... Nice early surprise
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #52
DeejAus
Private
Australia
Rep

How are you blokes tracking with your deliveries?

Mine is currently Motorboating off Brest (excuse the pun), see attached pic. Due in Freo on 11 Aug.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 06:00 AM   #53
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Nice DeeJ good to see its inbound must be a great feeling. Mine seems to be lost somewhere inbound to the port or maybe at the port still waiting for a ship allocation. I tried the trace n trace via W&W site but the cargo I'd / vin is not recognised yet.. So I'm that guy checking 20 times a day :-)
DeeJ did you just throw your vin I to the W&W track and trace?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #54
DeejAus
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Gas View Post
Nice DeeJ good to see its inbound must be a great feeling. Mine seems to be lost somewhere inbound to the port or maybe at the port still waiting for a ship allocation. I tried the trace n trace via W&W site but the cargo I'd / vin is not recognised yet.. So I'm that guy checking 20 times a day :-)
DeeJ did you just throw your vin I to the W&W track and trace?
Lol, Yeh, seems I have become "that guy" also. I check the location of the boat three times a day and if I see it doing less than 15 knots I find myself yelling "cooommmmmmoooon" at my iPad.

Correct, throw the ViN in the Cargo ID section of this link: https://offices.2wglobal.com/offices...uickSearchPage

Mine didn't show up until the day it arrived on the boat, nothing leading up to then.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #55
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Found her :-) thanks DeeJ
its actually at the Zeebrugge port with an ETD 17/7/14 on the Tysla arriving in Brissy 27/8/14
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 09:43 PM   #56
fdsjkl
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

Got invitation to M3/M4 launch event at Lackeside 7 August today from BMW. Looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #57
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

7 August? People are already picking up their cars. I picked up my M3 this week in melb and my friend picked his M4 up last weekend in Sydney.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:49 AM   #58
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and others

We picked up our car last weekend, and had it a week now.

Black/Black M4, standard brakes, most other options

I haven't really driven it much (it is my wifes car), but have been impressed. Unfortunately from this weekend I am away for a month. When I get back it should have had the run in service, and we'll take it out to Eastern Creek in September.

A few little things irritate me. The stereo sucks, and bluetooth streaming doesn't work too well compared to the functionality on some of our other cars. The cold start exhaust sounds like something has fallen apart inside for the first minute, then settles down. A little embarrassing trying to explain to people it is normal. The auto stop start has to manually switched off every time you drive the car. However, they are just minor niggles. Overall the car is great

Way, how is yours

Robbo

Last edited by robbo mcs; 08-01-2014 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:05 AM   #59
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Believe it or not I have not driven it since taking it home! It's been stormy and hails last couple of days and I've been busy with kids activities today. So maybe I'll let you know tomorrow! I did drive the dealership's M4 for a few hours the other day while waiting for them to sort mine out, and can't say I noticed the start up exhaust noise you mentioned? In fact I thought it sounded rather nice on cold start, and similarly when I first encountered it at PI in June I thought the same thing. Maybe something is not right with your exhaust?

As for the auto start stop, when I had it in the first car a few years back I could not stand it. But now every car of mine has it and I'm just used to it.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #60
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
I did drive the dealership's M4 for a few hours the other day while waiting for them to sort mine out, and can't say I noticed the start up exhaust noise you mentioned? In fact I thought it sounded rather nice on cold start, and similarly when I first encountered it at PI in June I thought the same thing. Maybe something is not right with your exhaust?
The exhaust noise is only on completely cold starts, eg overnight. You don't really hear it from inside, it is only if you are standing outside the car. It is definitely normal, just the cats when they are cold. My E46M3 used to do the same, just not as bad!

I've driven the car a bit more, and I'm very impressed with the chassis and suspension. Mine came delivered with really high tyre presures, around 40psi. I've dropped it down to the recommended (32psi) and that has improved grip and handling a lot.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #61
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo mcs View Post
The exhaust noise is only on completely cold starts, eg overnight. You don't really hear it from inside, it is only if you are standing outside the car. It is definitely normal, just the cats when they are cold. My E46M3 used to do the same, just not as bad!

I've driven the car a bit more, and I'm very impressed with the chassis and suspension. Mine came delivered with really high tyre presures, around 40psi. I've dropped it down to the recommended (32psi) and that has improved grip and handling a lot.
Ah I know that noise! Haven't heard it on the M3 yet. Will try it tomorrow and stand outside. I drove 100km today and the drivetrain actually reminds me very much of my old C63. And I think like the C63, the rear tyres are going to be chewed up in 5000km if I'm the driver! I've fine tuned the settings I like today. Around town, I like the throttle to be in sports, gearbox on level 2, and everything else in comfort. The brakes are pretty mighty too, much better than my E90M. Very powerful and has good feel to it. I also like the brawny exhaust note unlike some reviewers. What's your view of it?

Oh something else I just remembered. The engine was idling unevenly. It was moving from 600rpm to 900rpm at times, and smaller range at other times. Does yours do this? The only cars I've own that does this are my Mezger engine GT3s.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 04:43 AM   #62
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Ah I know that noise! Haven't heard it on the M3 yet. Will try it tomorrow and stand outside. I drove 100km today and the drivetrain actually reminds me very much of my old C63. And I think like the C63, the rear tyres are going to be chewed up in 5000km if I'm the driver! I've fine tuned the settings I like today. Around town, I like the throttle to be in sports, gearbox on level 2, and everything else in comfort. The brakes are pretty mighty too, much better than my E90M. Very powerful and has good feel to it. I also like the brawny exhaust note unlike some reviewers. What's your view of it?

Oh something else I just remembered. The engine was idling unevenly. It was moving from 600rpm to 900rpm at times, and smaller range at other times. Does yours do this? The only cars I've own that does this are my Mezger engine GT3s.
I like suspension on sports and gearbox on 2. TBH I can't notice much difference for suspension between comfort and sports, but sports plus is definitely more hardcore. One thing I've noticed is if you are in auto mode and then shift a gear manually, which puts it in manual mode, it always seems to default to the fastest level 1 manual shift mode. I also like the exhaust noise, actually sounds quite good. I have also noted a slightly uneven idle, not too dramatic though.

I don't get to drive it for a month now
Appreciate 0