E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > I must have the worst luck...

12-31-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
I must have the worst luck...

Ever since I got this car back in 2008, I swear I've been having the WORST luck with it.. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, and hasn't had any major issues like hpfp and waste gate issues, but GOD DAMN it is like a magnet for retarded drivers.

10pm after I get off work I go to my car to find a slip of paper on my windshield, at first my initial thoughts was that it was some kind of advertisement so I was going to toss it right away but then I decided to take a look and found this.

"Someone slid on ice and hit your car"..

Luckily, somehow the security office had most of the drivers info... 89 Nissan pickup truck, name, address etc.

Before you guys say, everything is going to be ok, the kid spelled his insurance company's name wrong. Its either supposed to be 'Affiliated' or 'Alliant' INS Services. Dude wrote down AFFILIHTEN INS Services????? Now ether he can't spell or he tried to give false information and the Security officer wasn't smart enough to catch it.. He also wrote a bunch of numbers that looks like either a phone number or policy number.. Probably a policy number because its one digit short for a phone number.. Oh and he left his address, driver license and vehicle plate number.

Anyways, I called my insruance this morning and they said they'll look into it on Monday because the other insurance companies are closed today for holiday. Hopefully everything turns out well and I get my car fixed ASAP.

Cliff Notes: Some kid hit my car in the parking lot and left sketchy info.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
Ever since I got this car back in 2008, I swear I've been having the WORST luck with it.. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, and hasn't had any major issues like hpfp and waste gate issues, but GOD DAMN it is like a magnet for retarded drivers.

10pm after I get off work I go to my car to find a slip of paper on my windshield, at first my initial thoughts was that it was some kind of advertisement so I was going to toss it right away but then I decided to take a look and found this.

"Someone slid on ice and hit your car"..

Luckily, somehow the security office had most of the drivers info... 89 Nissan pickup truck, name, address etc.

Before you guys say, everything is going to be ok, the kid spelled his insurance company's name wrong. Its either supposed to be 'Affiliated' or 'Alliant' INS Services. Dude wrote down AFFILIHTEN INS Services????? Now ether he can't spell or he tried to give false information and the Security officer wasn't smart enough to catch it.. He also wrote a bunch of numbers that looks like either a phone number or policy number.. Probably a policy number because its one digit short for a phone number.. Oh and he left his address, driver license and vehicle plate number.

Anyways, I called my insruance this morning and they said they'll look into it on Monday because the other insurance companies are closed today for holiday. Hopefully everything turns out well and I get my car fixed ASAP.

Cliff Notes: Some kid hit my car in the parking lot and left sketchy info.
Sorry to hear, the good news is, since they left a note and the security guard was there,,ok he was somewhat there, you can file a claim under your insurance co for uninsured, or under insured motorist, I know it doesnt sound right, however last year, I was DT portland parked on the street and my car was hit (Volvo S60 T-5) and I didnt notice it until morning (it was dark out) I called my insurance co and all was taken care of and my rates never changed.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

That blows!!

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
thwgw24
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: RB PWRED E90 N54 6MT

Garage List
07' E90 335i  [0.00]
this is like the third time you got hit by other vehicles right? Rear ended on I-90, hit and run,and this incident.
Hopefully you have better luck starting from next year!!
      12-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

You're not alone, my bumper just got dinged today while I was at work.

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
icyunv
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92,G63,CLS550,458,EVO X FE

I'm pretty sure u hit rock bottom with this one. 2011 is gonna be nothing but good luck for u!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Things are looking good, my insurance company did some digging and found out the other parties insurance company (they gave us the name of the broker and spelled it wrong so we had no idea who it was).

Anyways, I'm waiting to hear back from the adjuster so they can come take a look at my car and write up a bullshit estimate. After that, straight to the body shop it is.. I'm hoping they can get me a new bumper, I don't want them to just fix my current one.. Even though it's only a month and a half old, it wont be the same as a new one after repairs.

In case any of you guys were wondering, I'm taking it back to Haury's.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Quote:
Things are looking good, my insurance company did some digging and found out the other parties insurance company (they gave us the name of the broker and spelled it wrong so we had no idea who it was).

Anyways, I'm waiting to hear back from the adjuster so they can come take a look at my car and write up a bullshit estimate. After that, straight to the body shop it is.. I'm hoping they can get me a new bumper, I don't want them to just fix my current one.. Even though it's only a month and a half old, it wont be the same as a new one after repairs.

In case any of you guys were wondering, I'm taking it back to Haury's.

Haury's a good shop. Took my car there and didn't have any issues. But I do miss the E36 rental I had
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jattditutti View Post

Haury's a good shop. Took my car there and didn't have any issues. But I do miss the E36 rental I had
I had the E90 M3 the first time and the Cooper S for the most recent one.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 12:12 AM   #10
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Quote:
I had the E90 M3 the first time and the Cooper S for the most recent one.
I've had the E30 and the E36 325. I wanted the E36 328 vert, but they were fixing a couple of things. I asked for the E36 M3 once, but its a bit too much since I'm not a BMW CCA member. Jeff told me how much the E90 was I hope you're a BMW CCA member.
Appreciate 0