BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

06-04-2022, 03:51 PM   #1
Madturbs
Rep
Drives: 128ti White

Sport mode standard vs Individual

Hi all,

M235i GC question,
I'm wondering, is there any difference between sport standard and sport individual?
In the individual setting all have sport selected.
Now might just be my imagination but I feel when in sport individual mode compared to sport standard the car drives differently.
Slightly more power (can't be though) and gear changes seem more violent.
Anyone else got anything on this theory?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 10:41 PM   #2
Rocky_M
Bimmers_Only
Rep
Drives: X4G02M40i, F44M235i

Garage List
2020 BMW M235I  [0.00]
2022 BMW X4 M40I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madturbs View Post
Hi all,

M235i GC question,
I'm wondering, is there any difference between sport standard and sport individual?
In the individual setting all have sport selected.
Now might just be my imagination but I feel when in sport individual mode compared to sport standard the car drives differently.
Slightly more power (can't be though) and gear changes seem more violent.
Anyone else got anything on this theory?

Thanks.
There's no difference when individual mode is set to all sport selections. Individual mode is especially created for different selections. I tried all settings and can definitely tell that they're the same in driving aspects.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 04:15 AM   #3
grog_Blubeam
Rep
Drives: 220i Gran Coupe (2022) F44

I know this is an older post but I wanted to add to it regarding the M/S sports mode versus the Sport option for the automatic transmission
I (naively) thought that the sports transmission mode (ie the sports option in the sports/comfort/evo list) was the same as moving the gear selection stick to the left (or right for LHD cars). But the latter (ie M/S mode is far more ‘sporty’ than the sports mode option in D mode.
I’m seeing gear changes at about 2900rpm compared to 2200rpm .
The only slightly annoying thing about driving in M/S mode is that as soon as I use the paddle shift then it moves out of S mode and does not return to S mode.
Does anybody know how to get the S mode performance in D (if that makes sense) ? It’d be nice to use the manual paddle shift for a short period and then have it move back to automatic transmission after 15 seconds (like it does in D).
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 06:29 PM   #4
nikkorM
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog_Blubeam View Post
I know this is an older post but I wanted to add to it regarding the M/S sports mode versus the Sport option for the automatic transmission
I (naively) thought that the sports transmission mode (ie the sports option in the sports/comfort/evo list) was the same as moving the gear selection stick to the left (or right for LHD cars). But the latter (ie M/S mode is far more ‘sporty’ than the sports mode option in D mode.
I’m seeing gear changes at about 2900rpm compared to 2200rpm .
The only slightly annoying thing about driving in M/S mode is that as soon as I use the paddle shift then it moves out of S mode and does not return to S mode.
Does anybody know how to get the S mode performance in D (if that makes sense) ? It’d be nice to use the manual paddle shift for a short period and then have it move back to automatic transmission after 15 seconds (like it does in D).
I think if you hold down the + paddle, it will revert back to auto shifting.
Appreciate 1
CoopJet3859.50
      04-08-2024, 04:59 PM   #5
grog_Blubeam
Rep
Drives: 220i Gran Coupe (2022) F44

Hey NikkorM
Thx for that tip - it works well
How did you find out this ? I searched the manual and didn’t see it - is there a ‘dark web’ version (jk) - but yeah keen to know if there are other useful bits of information like this
Thx again
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 12:12 AM   #6
nikkorM
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

this was a carry over from an old lexus i had - so i just gave it a try one day when playing around with the bmw, and it worked!
Appreciate 0