Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

02-06-2024, 01:14 PM   #1
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

update costs

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before...

In today's economy what would the costs be to update the injection and the knuckles that seem to be the main concerns?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 06:01 PM   #2
markw10702
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTMore Anyone?

Water injection valve block is around $4,100
Front knuckles are around $5,400 for the pair

Add labor and miscellaneous parts you are probably $11k (perhaps a little more).

BTW - www.realoem.com is your friend
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 07:26 AM   #3
dh3622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, M4 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport View Post
I apologize if this has been asked and answered before...

In today's economy what would the costs be to update the injection and the knuckles that seem to be the main concerns?

TIA
I'm not sure why you're thinking about upgrading as it doesn't sound like you're currently having any water injection or knuckle issues? Did the seller provide you with the service history on your particular GTS? And, I'm not sure you are doing an upgrade but more of a replacement of existing. The OEM water injection and knuckles work fine provided the injection system injects and the knuckles are not cracked. So, you're basically replacing something that might break, no necessarily upgrading.

I purchased my GTS new. I currently have 11,000 miles on it and I do track it. I have never had an issue with either the water injection system nor the knuckles.

My GTS was delivered in January of 2017, so it was on the tail end of the production run. Initially, there were water injection and cracked knuckle issues on GTS's that came off the production run early on. But, the GTS's that came off the line towards the second half, to the best of my knowledge, have been pretty clear of either of those issues.

It is your decision to replace now or wait until you have an issue. It is a lot of money that you may never have to spend. But, being proactive in order to avoid potential issues is legit as well. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2024, 09:07 AM   #4
Flint Rockbone
Pilot of the Caribbean
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

My car is #616 of the 803 produced and I had to replace the water injection block. No issues with the knuckles so far.
G30 M550i
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 10:20 AM   #5
mikerunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Garage List
2016 BMW M4 GTS  [9.72]
No issues with knuckles on mine. My injection unit failed but had an extended warranty that covered it. Total cost was around $9k.
Appreciate 0