BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

05-22-2022, 02:38 AM   #1
R1
Rep
Drives: bmw F44

Stereo upgrades

Hi everyone,
First post and I’m guessing this might have been done to death but I’ve finally got my new F44 220i M sport but the stereo has to be by far the worst I’ve had in a car for a long while. The chip crisis meant NO HK system and only the basic ram stereo system which doesn’t even have tweeters was my only option. What is everyone else doing if they are in this situation, what amp/ speakers are you using ???
What’s the best and what’s to be avoided
Any help out there please 🙏🏾
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
danielbabai
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i F40

Would love to hear your solution to this if you find one!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 08:47 PM   #3
R1
Rep

Thumbs up

Hi I’m just about to order some bits for the car and will let you know what I come up with and how well it works compared to the base setup
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 09:00 PM   #4
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228I XDrive GC

I also was unable to get the HK system due to the chip shortage, in the United States though of course we have the hi-fi system which is actually not half bad, relatively speaking. I did order the alpha one speaker set, well I got it on eBay for 200 bucks. Eventually I will replace the subwoofers, while it is highly rated it is expensive.
These are the two major players in plug and play BMW audio upgrades…

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/speakers...ifier-for-bmw/

https://www.bavsound.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 05:58 PM   #5
R1
Rep

Hi just finished installing new speakers 🔊
I opted for MUSWAY CSB4.2C which includes tweeters and added new tweeter pods as well as the CSB8W subwoofers.
I haven’t seen many people mention this option but to say there a significant improvement is an understatement.
Next I’m going to add look at doing something to the RAM module maybe an amp
MUSWAY have a amp/DSP which looks better value than the Match up 7dsp and seems you can’t get the additional modules required to link to the RAM which also adds quite a bit to the cost.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #6
danielbabai
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i F40

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 View Post
Hi just finished installing new speakers 🔊
I opted for MUSWAY CSB4.2C which includes tweeters and added new tweeter pods as well as the CSB8W subwoofers.
I haven’t seen many people mention this option but to say there a significant improvement is an understatement.
Next I’m going to add look at doing something to the RAM module maybe an amp
MUSWAY have a amp/DSP which looks better value than the Match up 7dsp and seems you can’t get the additional modules required to link to the RAM which also adds quite a bit to the cost.
Nice! Where did you put the tweeters? I didn't think the panels where the HK tweeters would go at the wing mirrors looked easily removable. Any pictures?

Was the install easy enough?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 04:45 PM   #7
R1
Rep

Hi I put the tweeters in replacement tweeter pods as the one's that came with the car were blank units. Once I kinda got brave and removed the door cards to get to the speakers the tweeter pod is easily removeable. Actually finding one's for the F44 not so easy, HK ones on Ebay were stupidly priced and surprisingly the non HK versions from the BMW dealer was the cheapest by a long way. The difference in sound quality is amazing the install is quite easy once you get a decent set of trim removal tools which are easy to get hold off so you don't damage or break anything.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-21-2023, 12:12 PM   #8
maxyeo
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 218i Gran Coupe M-Sport F44

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 View Post
Hi I put the tweeters in replacement tweeter pods as the one's that came with the car were blank units. Once I kinda got brave and removed the door cards to get to the speakers the tweeter pod is easily removeable. Actually finding one's for the F44 not so easy, HK ones on Ebay were stupidly priced and surprisingly the non HK versions from the BMW dealer was the cheapest by a long way. The difference in sound quality is amazing the install is quite easy once you get a decent set of trim removal tools which are easy to get hold off so you don't damage or break anything.
Hi, do you have the link for the tweeters housing ? (Non HK)

Thanks
Appreciate 0