BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Closed Thread

01-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #45
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Pathetic?? Seriously, it is completely fine if you don't like the LF-A or Lexus, but by saying those kind of things you display nice GT-R bias right there! You seriously think Lexus is that stup*d?? Please do not insult this car by comparing it to a GT-R. You know nothing about this car.

That is because you are clueless and ignorant about the capacities and how exciting this car truly is. Funny how I have seen mostly GT-R being the cry babies for LF-A stealing the GT-R's thunder as it has been wildly raved about by even professional racers like Scott Pruett and raising the bar of Japanese all-out performance to a new level.

It is great to see some integrity and modesty in Lexus by staying tight lipped and refrain from shoddy publicity stunts by not jumping all over the place and bragging how the LF-A outlap faster than all Porsches out there today around Nurburgring especially when such bragging in the past that led to no one else on earth ever have been able to replicate those numbers. Does that ring a bell now??

I am fairly well versed about the true capacities of this car. Do you really want me to list them out for you???

Case in point, this car is simply in a different league and don't ever dare to say this car performs at the level of GT-R. V Spec or not. You will only make yourself look very bad. They are simply incomparable. No doubt, GT-R is great car for the money and offers far more performance for the money while Lexus LF-A is a lot more expensive, but its performance and level of exhilaration is also simply in a different league and GT-R has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
This is a joke question, right?
It's like asking whether the Enzo Ferrari would hurt M sales.
And for god sake the car is a pathetic. $350k-$450k for a vehicle that performs like an $80k GTR. Anyone that buys it has entirely too much money.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-18-2010 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #46
murellus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 x3m40i

im led to believe that people just put these comparisons to pad their post counts...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #47
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Pathetic?? Seriously, it is completely fine if you don't like the LF-A or Lexus, but by saying those kind of things you display nice GT-R bias right there! You seriously think Lexus is that stup*d?? Please do not insult this car by comparing it to a GT-R. You know nothing about this car.

That is because you are clueless and ignorant about the capacities and how exciting this car truly is. Funny how I have seen mostly GT-R being the cry babies for LF-A stealing the GT-R's thunder as it has been wildly raved about by even professional racers like Scott Pruett and raising the bar of Japanese all-out performance to a new level.

It is great to see some integrity and modesty in Lexus by staying tight lipped and refrain from shoddy publicity stunts by not jumping all over the place and bragging how the LF-A outlap faster than all Porsches out there today around Nurburgring especially when such bragging in the past that led to no one else on earth ever have been able to replicate those numbers. Does that ring a bell now??

I am fairly well versed about the true capacities of this car. Do you really want me to list them out for you???

Case in point, this car is simply in a different league and don't ever dare to say this car performs at the level of GT-R. V Spec or not. You will only make yourself look very bad. They are simply incomparable. No doubt, GT-R is great car for the money and offers far more performance for the money while Lexus LF-A is a lot more expensive, but its performance and level of exhilaration is also simply in a different league and GT-R has nothing to do with it.

You seriously need to grow up.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #48
r_seng
End Game
United_States
Rep
Drives: Devil's Chariot

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #49
ideas82
Ideas82
Canada
Rep
Drives: Pending...

Ok

BMW is going to put a nail in its own M cars if they don't step they're Supercar game up soon.

Either way. What M cars are or can be classified in the same category as the LF-A. THe new M5 coming out? No. What about the M6? And no.

Isn't the LFA made of 65% carbon fiber? The weight alone gives it a huge advantage. We do have to admit Lexus has made a SOLID machine here. As much as I can't stand saying that, its a fact. Is there even an unmodified BMW M that can do 0-60 in under 4.0 seconds or mid 3's? If there is please let me know.

Really the headline question just pissed me off because I feel BMW is toying with our emotions. WE want a SUPERCAR dont we guys and girls! http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/mad0260.gif
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #50
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

GTR threads scream overhyped
LF-A threads scream overpriced
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #51
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
Well, to be honest, Lexus probably has a better build quality than most BMWs. From my experience thus far with my M3, sales and service are TERRIBLE (BMW Arlington). Both Infiniti and Lexus sales and service are far better than what BMW has offered me thus far.

I owned two Infinitis (G35 and FX35) and had them service across 3 different states and it was amazing. I just purchased an RX400h for the wife and the sales and service is amazing; not only from the people but also the facilities.

-SZ
I agree that Lexus has a leg up on service.

When I took my IS-F in for service I could get in the day after I called and get a loaner. My local BMW dealer needs about a weeks notice if you want a loan car. Also, the Lexus dealership had a much nicer waiting area. Add in the fact that my IS-F only had to go to the dealer twice for scheduled oil changes, while the M3 has been in 4 times for warranty issues in less than 3k miles of ownership and I find myself missing my F sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #52
murellus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 x3m40i

M division isn't in the supercar making industry
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #53
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
I agree that Lexus has a leg up on service.

When I took my IS-F in for service I could get in the day after I called and get a loaner. My local BMW dealer needs about a weeks notice if you want a loan car. Also, the Lexus dealership had a much nicer waiting area. Add in the fact that my IS-F only had to go to the dealer twice for scheduled oil changes, while the M3 has been in 4 times for warranty issues in less than 3k miles of ownership and I find myself missing my F sometimes.
The dealerships are all independently owned, I'd put BMW of Austin against any dealership in the country. The new facility is ridiculously nice and the service impeccable, now I know where my $$ is going.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #54
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
The dealerships are all independently owned, I'd put BMW of Austin against any dealership in the country. The new facility is ridiculously nice and the service impeccable, now I know where my $$ is going.
You may be right. But my point is, that ALL of the Infiniti dealerships that I have been to display the same level of consistency when it comes to quality of service and customer service. I suspect Lexus is the same way.

It seems that with BMW, it is hit or miss. Considering that BMW is at the top tier of luxury consumer vehicles, I expected a level of service at least at the Infiniti/Lexus level.

Sales at BMW Arlington is terrible; they lost me as a customer when I went to buy a pre-owned X3 and they wouldn't give me the time of day; I ended up buying the RX400h. Keep in mind, I was a repeat customer having purchased a 2009 Fully Loaded $73k M3 in August 2009.

BMW Service at Arlington is exceedingly worse than Sales. Not just is the facility a dump and have Dodge Cobalt loaners but they couldn't even get my oil change right.

BMW Fairfax is a bit better but not at the level of Infiniti or Lexus.

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #55
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_seng View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #56
leeor
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Blue Prius III

im gonna pass on all 3 pages of reading and just mention this... its way over $250,000....

lol
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #57
04cbm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

the next gen m6 will take it out no prob
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #58
M156
Rep
Drives: M156

350k lexus ... i will pass

seriously it doesnt' matter if this thing laps the nurburgring under 7min, it aint gonna affect M cars by any means.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #59
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

The Lexus dealer has been calling me non-stop to order one of these. F*&K them. I could go out and order one, but when I was looking for an IS-F for the wife, they promised to call me when it arrived, and then sold MY car to another individual at 5K over instead of calling me. We previously bought 5 LS models for the company the previous year. I will never do business with them again. I doubt this car costs as much to make and I doubt they're "breaking even" on each car.

For the record, I bet the F458 slaps it around and I have already looked into the cost, 160k less than the IS-F.
      01-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #60
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
For the record, I bet the F458 slaps it around and I have already looked into the cost, 160k less than the IS-F.
It is LF-A and not IS-F.

And you know how? Can you show me some proof for it? Because it is a Lexus and a Lexus can never be faster than a Ferrari? Completely wrong so try again without the hatred. Let me guess, you own a Ferrari. LOL.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/car_Ferrari_458_Italia.html

The F458 officially is lapping SLOWER than the Enzo Ferrari around Nurburgring while the LF-A unofficially is faster than the Enzo around Nurburgring running a 7:24 seconds. It has already won two Nurburgring 24-hour series endurance races in its class so it is not some publicity stunt. If Lexus engineer's sole words are to be believed, it HAS actually lapped under 7:20 around Nurburgring.

p.s. No offense, all the first year allocations have been sold in the US (90 of the 150 total) as of early december and Lexus is done taking orders. The second year of the remaining 60 will not be until end of next year so I am not sure why your so-called dealer was begging you to order these.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-18-2010 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #61
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
The Lexus dealer has been calling me non-stop to order one of these. F*&K them. I could go out and order one, but when I was looking for an IS-F for the wife, they promised to call me when it arrived, and then sold MY car to another individual at 5K over instead of calling me. We previously bought 5 LS models for the company the previous year. I will never do business with them again. I doubt this car costs as much to make and I doubt they're "breaking even" on each car.

+1 its ridiculous, too many alternatives....do i want a ferrari or lexus, and its not just the name...how long has lexus been making supercars? how long has ferrari? lamborghini? etc....the only way i could understand buying this car was if you were a serious collector

Quote:
It is LF-A and not IS-F.

And you know how? Can you show me some proof for it? Because it is a Lexus and a Lexus can never be faster than a Ferrari? Completely wrong so try again without the hatred. Let me guess, you own a Ferrari. LOL.

The F458 officially lapping SLOWER than the Enzo Ferrari around Nurburgring while the LF-A unofficially is faster than the Enzo around Nurburgring running a 7:24 seconds. It has already won two Nurburgring 24-hour series endurance races in its class so it is not some publicity stunt. If Lexus engineer's sole words are to be believed, it HAS actually lapped under 7:20 around Nurburgring.

p.s. All the first year allocations have been sold in the US (90 of the 150 total) as of early december and Lexus is done taking orders. The second year of the remaining 60 will not be until end of next year so I am not sure why your so-called dealer was begging you to order these.
where are you getting this information from exactly?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #62
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
where are you getting this information from exactly?
Ferrari 458 lap time slower than Enzo:

LF-A winning the 24-hours Nurburgring endurance race in its class:

http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?id=3836436

Video:

LF-A winning ADAC endurance race:

Onn 4 April 2009, a LF-A and a Lexus IS F entered by Gazoo Racing (raced in 2007 and 2008) finished 1st and 2nd in the SP8 class[62] in the ADAC-Westfalenfahrt VLN 4h endurance race, beating out 3 other entrants, a Gallardo, a Corvette and a R8, whom all failed to complete the race. In winning its second VLN 4h event, the LF-A increased its fastest lap time, with one driver completing 8:41 laps both in practice and in the race;[63] by comparison, the fastest overall race laps were 8:27 by a Dodge Viper and a Porsche 997 Cup S, both of the new SP9 class, which is close to FIA-GT3.

Best Nurburgring lap time:

Chief Engineer Haruhiko Tanahashi mentioned during the world's press at the Nürburgring in Germany that the LFA has lapped the Nürburgring Nordschleife in "better than 7 minutes 20 seconds", although no further specifics were given to the record lap. [36]

Clocked and verified 7:24 verified by AutoExpress England:

"The king is dead, long live the king! Lexus’ long-awaited LF-A has unofficially smashed the lap record at Germany’s Nürburgring, with a time of seven minutes, 24 seconds. That beats Porsche’s new GT2 by a second and makes the Lexus the King of the ’Ring. Company insiders have revealed that a 4.8-litre V10 – co-developed with Yamaha – powered the record-breaking test mule. It revs to 9,000rpm and pumps out 552bhp. Combined with a highly aerodynamic body, it should enable the LF-A to hit 210mph."

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...#ixzz0d1ku4452

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...lexus_lfa.html

Need more??

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-18-2010 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #63
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It is LF-A and not IS-F.

The F458 officially is lapping SLOWER than the Enzo Ferrari around Nurburgring while the LF-A unofficially is faster than the Enzo around Nurburgring running a 7:24 seconds. It has already won two Nurburgring 24-hour series endurance races in its class so it is not some publicity stunt. If Lexus engineer's sole words are to be believed, it HAS actually lapped under 7:20 around Nurburgring.

p.s. No offense, all the first year allocations have been sold in the US (90 of the 150 total) as of early december and Lexus is done taking orders. The second year of the remaining 60 will not be until end of next year so I am not sure why your so-called dealer was begging you to order these.

And you own an LF-A? If not, I would advise you to tone down the attacks a little. It's a boutique car.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #64
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
And you own an LF-A? If not, I would advise you to tone down the attacks a little. It's a boutique car.
Attack on what?? blind thrashing of a company because of stereotypes?? Because it is a Lexus?? I was very harsh on Lexus when they created the IS-F due to rehashing parts from the bin while this is something that was built from ground up with one purpose in mind over the course of 9 years and actually winning races with it on stock 570 PS.

I own a BMW and had a few others in the past, but I am not a blind sighted brand loyalist. I give credit where it is due when something spectacular comes out regardless of what brand it is from.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #65
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
You may be right. But my point is, that ALL of the Infiniti dealerships that I have been to display the same level of consistency when it comes to quality of service and customer service. I suspect Lexus is the same way.

It seems that with BMW, it is hit or miss. Considering that BMW is at the top tier of luxury consumer vehicles, I expected a level of service at least at the Infiniti/Lexus level.

Sales at BMW Arlington is terrible; they lost me as a customer when I went to buy a pre-owned X3 and they wouldn't give me the time of day; I ended up buying the RX400h. Keep in mind, I was a repeat customer having purchased a 2009 Fully Loaded $73k M3 in August 2009.

BMW Service at Arlington is exceedingly worse than Sales. Not just is the facility a dump and have Dodge Cobalt loaners but they couldn't even get my oil change right.

BMW Fairfax is a bit better but not at the level of Infiniti or Lexus.

-SZ
There is tight control on how the sales, service, loaner program, and even amenities for the owner's lounge with brands like Infiniti, Acura, and Lexus. On the other hand, the "premium" German marques have been hiding behind their "quality products" saying that all the dealers are independently operated and we don't need to standardize any thing. They are only doing this because they know they can get away with it. Because as much as people bitch and moan, they'll still go back to buying another Merc or Bimmer. So, poor service is not really going to hurt their sales by much. I'm sure if they were to tighten their act and enforce standard of sales, service, and loaner vehicles, they'll blow all the Japanese wanna-be competitors out of the water. However, they just don't have the motivation to do so. That's why dealerships are still nickel dime on their customers.
      01-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #66
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Attack on what?? blind thrashing of a company because of stereotypes?? Because it is a Lexus?? I was very harsh on Lexus when they created the IS-F due to rehashing parts from the bin while this is something that was built from ground up with one purpose in mind over the course of 9 years and actually winning races with it on stock 570 PS.

I own a BMW and had a few others in the past, but I am not a blind sighted brand loyalist. I give credit where it is due when something spectacular comes out regardless of what brand it is from.
Blind thrashing? That's funny. You're blindly rationalizing that ridiculous car you know no more about than anyone here. And it's frankly bizarre that you call me ignorant when comparing a GTR to an LFA when I at least own one of the two. The reality is that the absurdity of the Lexus is not the car, it's the price and the boutique nature of this exclusive one off. It was suppose to be the upscale GTR killer. Sorry but the price and low production numbers make it a complete failure in that regard.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread