Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK M340i order placed today is it a good deal ?

05-07-2024, 05:39 AM   #23
Jonnyr7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340i touring

excellent - thats all the info

the cash price at £62,246. you need to work out if thats the RRP for the car with the options it will come with, or if that is discounted from RRP

the rest of the deal, as in interest rate and GFV seem about right

you are putting in a large deposit but you are getting lower monthly payments because of that

personally, I'd be putting in a smaller deposit and going with higher monthly payments, but everyone is different

there are examples of customers getting between 10 and 18% ish discount off the RRP of the car, but obviously thats only any good if there's stock available or a build slot available
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 06:28 AM   #24
walker1971
Rep
Drives: G20 330D

So if I do the config with my options on the bmw site it’s £67,560 as you can see bmw have taken off just over £5k
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 07:25 AM   #25
Jonnyr7
Enlisted Member
Rep

So - if your dealer has a built slot available and you want to get in the car fairly quickly then I think this is not too bad a deal

its all about the built slot

I reckon if you were to go to somewhere like Berry BMW then you'd get a bigger discount, but if they don't have any build slots available then you might have a very very long wait for the car
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 09:25 AM   #26
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

*** packet calculation seems you are getting approx 7.5% discount off list which doesn't sound great compared to others on here lately. I'd be looking for about double that judging by recent posts so another 5k off list.
Also have you got quotes from motorway orbwebuyanycar for your current one to gauge what the dealer could be offering px?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 11:23 AM   #27
AlanRB26
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1971 View Post
Hopefully the attached image is all you need plus the below info.

Car is owned outright by me.

Trade in value is £19k

Cash I am adding in is £3k

22k in total

6k miles per year

Quote shows £459 but it is now £449 per month 48 months

On the bmw sales online it works out £480 per month but that’s 8k miles per year and if I change it by 1k miles it makes a £10 per month difference so 6k miles should be around £20 per month less so that should be £460 even with bmw online sales and the dealer is doing £449 so only £10 cheaper which seems poor ? And for a repeat customer of nearly 15 years and my fourth car from them.

Let me know what you think.

Your discount is very poor which is why you are paying similar monthlies as me even with a higher deposit.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 11:34 AM   #28
walker1971
Rep

I have got a quote for just shy of 14% from a dealer but need to find out the build slot yet, I agree the discount is poor.

Wish I had not put down the £1k deposit now, I wonder where I will sit with trying to get that back 🫣
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 04:00 PM   #29
walker1971
Rep

Just read up about the 14 day cooling off period so should I get the better quote I can ask for the deposit back 👍
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 02:21 AM   #30
walker1971
Rep

Just a quick update, I have managed to get a price of £366 for the exact same spec car with the same deposit ect so £83 saving per month from the price at the other dealers who so called were going to look acfter me and give me a good price for being a so called valued customer of 15 years and was about to buy my fourth car from them 🙄 now to go and try to get that £1k deposit back wish me well.
Appreciate 1
V330d28.50
      05-09-2024, 02:51 AM   #31
Jonnyr7
Enlisted Member
Rep

nice one

you've effectively got yourself an additional £5k discount there then

the other dealer should refund your £1k deposit (did you pay by credit card? you might have additional protection if you did)

either way, its a much better deal now
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 10:44 AM   #32
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1971 View Post
Just a quick update, I have managed to get a price of £366 for the exact same spec car with the same deposit ect so £83 saving per month from the price at the other dealers who so called were going to look acfter me and give me a good price for being a so called valued customer of 15 years and was about to buy my fourth car from them 🙄 now to go and try to get that £1k deposit back wish me well.
I'm sure we all wish you well in your quest!
Just keep constantly pestering them so they don't try to 'run the clock down' on the 'cooling off period'!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 04:16 PM   #33
Trapster
Rep
Drives: Bmw g20330d

Spoke to them today to say I would like to cancel the car and have my deposit back, due to the price and them not trying to give me a good deal, they have said they want to go away and see what they can do for me, i told them I assume if anything they will beat the price, I think personally they will come back and say they can’t get anywhere near that price otherwise it looks like they are admitting they took full advantage of not giving me even a half decent deal, but we will see they are calling me in the morning to let me know, have also had another dealer contact me doing it for £360 and they have a build slot, i asked about my deposit and they said they do not want to talk about the legal side until they get another price for me, so won’t know until tomorrow what is goi g to happen either way, thank you to everyone who has responded to this thread you have all been a fantastic help.
Appreciate 1
V330d28.50
      05-11-2024, 03:57 AM   #34
Nham68
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapster View Post
Spoke to them today to say I would like to cancel the car and have my deposit back, due to the price and them not trying to give me a good deal, they have said they want to go away and see what they can do for me, i told them I assume if anything they will beat the price, I think personally they will come back and say they can’t get anywhere near that price otherwise it looks like they are admitting they took full advantage of not giving me even a half decent deal, but we will see they are calling me in the morning to let me know, have also had another dealer contact me doing it for £360 and they have a build slot, i asked about my deposit and they said they do not want to talk about the legal side until they get another price for me, so won’t know until tomorrow what is goi g to happen either way, thank you to everyone who has responded to this thread you have all been a fantastic help.
Brilliant Trapster .. very pleased you’ve gotten lots of good inputs that has helped your quest 😄
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 04:16 AM   #35
Dathymes
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 320d X-Drive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapster View Post
Any update on the negotiations?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 05:39 PM   #36
walker1971
Rep

It’s all sorted

22k down (19k) car trade in and 3k cash

£360 per month

Nearly fully loaded M340i

Tech plus pack
Comfort plus pack
M performance seats (cognac)

All that is missing is a tow bar (no need for this lol )
Sunroof (got one on current car do. It use it to warrant £1200

The dealer pulled out all the stops to keep me as a customer, maybe I could have pushed a bit more it’s around 14% off list price so I am happy with that 👍👍
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 03:50 AM   #37
alFR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Result, well done!
Appreciate 0