BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-12-2023, 09:41 AM   #23
brettl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
Damn. I was hoping you did.

If it was prewired, I was going to order parts and install it during a weekend.

But if it's not... yeah... probably won't mess with it. lol
Just to add a bit here. Capet lighting was part of the ambient light package which was standard with leather. In 21 or 22, ambient lighting became standard, not sure if it included carpet lighting as well (mines a 19 with ambient lighting/carpet lingering). There is a box to check in idrive indicating you want the carpet lights on in exterior lighting.
I guess this is the long way of saying there might be coding needed as well…
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2023, 12:33 PM   #24
wlfpck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW x3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettl View Post
Just to add a bit here. Capet lighting was part of the ambient light package which was standard with leather. In 21 or 22, ambient lighting became standard, not sure if it included carpet lighting as well (mines a 19 with ambient lighting/carpet lingering). There is a box to check in idrive indicating you want the carpet lights on in exterior lighting.
I guess this is the long way of saying there might be coding needed as well…
hm... yeah mine is a 2020 x3 M40i. This guy did not get the ambient lighting. I think the seats are leather though... but could be that sensatec? Not really sure. But yeah... I didn't even think about coding... but I think it should be doable since people retrofit the ambient light (I think). I'm not too interested in the ambient light... just really the carpet light... but you make a good point, with the coding maybe need to do the whole thing.
      05-23-2023, 05:07 AM   #25
Shaun170
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i LCI

Garage List
2006 Ducati 749  [10.00]
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Don’t forget if it isn’t factory fitted then you’ll probably need different sills/ rockers as the light is housed in them behind the front wheels.

Mines in at the dealers for a near side (UK) unit today as it’s loose in the sill.
      05-12-2024, 08:29 PM   #26
21X3M40
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 21 X3 M40i, 90 M3, 02 330

Garage List
Puddle lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Sounds like you're asking about carpet lights instead of puddle lights.

This is the carpet light feature...they are a carpet of light next to the side of the car and appear as lines on the ground along the side of the vehicle:

This is the puddle light (driver's door) and they are a simple white light that illuminates the ground below the door when it is opened. Many owners upgrade the puddle lights to shine various options:

Here are nine "puddle light' options:
QSilver7, where can one purchase the various options you show? Thanks,
Appreciate 0