BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-01-2019, 12:52 AM   #23
Mr_Lebedev
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d G05

hi guys!!
so cool fither.
I saw this german video and asked this guy how can I activates on my X5.he answered that this in new 3 series toring only….
+1, I want to have this fither as well.
Attached Images

09-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #24
sumsuv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Week 45 build

So it means it's limited to M version
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 08:12 AM   #25
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumsuv View Post
I have an "Assisted Driving View" in my 2020 X5 xLine 40i.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 08:15 AM   #26
sumsuv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Week 45 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumsuv View Post
I have an "Assisted Driving View" in my 2020 X5 xLine 40i.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Hopefully someday we will be able to get in 2019s too.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #27
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

What sort of hardware and software would we need to get this coded assuming someone gets it sorted? I assume someone would take our vehicle info, generate the code and send us a file to load into the car using some piece of hardware. It doesn’t sound like BimmerCode and ODB adapter would support this sort of coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #28
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
What sort of hardware and software would we need to get this coded assuming someone gets it sorted? I assume someone would take our vehicle info, generate the code and send us a file to load into the car using some piece of hardware. It doesn’t sound like BimmerCode and ODB adapter would support this sort of coding.
All that is needed hardware-wise are the cameras that make the surround-view now. The assumption is that the code that turns what those cameras see into a stylized image of the traffic that is around your car is already part of the latest versions of the firmware.

What's left is activating the code so that you can choose the "Assisted Driving View" in the iDrive menus.

It may be that BMW chooses to only activate code in 2020 and later models. If that's the case then something like BimmerCode might be able to do the activation on 2019 models.

BTW I think that this feature is really neat but I don't see a lot of utility of being able to display an image of the traffic around me in the display; after all, I can see the same thing just looking out the windows.

I'm sure if it is possible to activate in 2019 models someone will find the way to do it.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #29
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Assumptions:
1. the coding is supported on existing KOMBI hardware and can render the required display - if not, then game over bar retrofit
2. it's not part of a factory order code, not really an issue if it is but would help to know
3. it requires 1907 i-step or later

Someone with the feature would need to use esys to generate a set of ncd files for their cafd for comparison with a car without the feature. Ideally all ecu's but at least DKOMBI4, HU_MGU, BDC, maybe SAS2. The FA xml would also be useful just to confirm assumption 2 is correct.

The code(s) could then identified and tested via trial and error.

Once identified, and the target vehicle has the minimum required i-step, then one of these methods can be used to code it:
- esys with launcher pro/esysx
- bimmercode if the devs integrate it

OBD cable/adapter will be needed either way. The type will depend on the coding method used.

I can compare cafd very quickly, and also evaluate coding changes based on additional VO Codes.
It's also possible to find the codes without a donor vehicle, but can be painstaking, and more often than not needs lots of german to english translation.

There is an additional issue in that not all fdl are mapped, meaning some codes cannot be clearly identified in esys.

Last edited by archivedaccount; 09-01-2019 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #30
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

Thanks. By hardware I just meant what was needed to transfer the code into the car. Assuming BimmerCode does not integrate it, can anyone reasonably acquire and install this esys thing on their PC? Then to load it would require some sort of ODB adapter?

I’d like to code this, the auto start stop, custom interior lighting color and laser anti-dazzle, but I think BimmerCode only supports the start stop. It would be great if there was some magic code to make CarPlay actually work right too but I know I’m dreaming.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:58 AM   #31
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Yes, you just need a W7-W10 PC or vm, OBD2 cable, and the requisite software. I recommend going down the tokenmaster launcher pro route. At least while he's back in the game.

Lots of info on various forums on how to code esys with launcher pro. Almaretto put together a really good sticky as a starting point on another forum.

CP is much improved for me with iOS 13.1. However, Apple appears to have broken the Music app integration as I now have to navigate albums, playlists etc on the phone directly. iDrive screen taps don't respond.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #32
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
if someone can code this one please let us know, I'd love to have it enabled in my car
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
LexxM31703.00