BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

05-24-2022, 04:31 PM   #221
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjy2409 View Post
Mine was gifted to me a couple years back and is currently experiencing no usage as been without a car for months now waiting for firstly an AUDI A3 which got cancelled 5 months after order and now over 6 months with no build date for BMW. I would shop elsewhere but want the car I specified and cant get anything as nice even close to the monthly PCP ive got through park lane, so i guess patience is the game lol.

I wouldn’t be too upset about the A3. That’s what I had. Was the new 2021 new shape. Looks the business but it did my head in. Too many faults for me. The reversing sensors didn’t always work / Virtual cockpit sometimes stuck / front passenger door didn’t always shut properly (had to slam it) / Radio often froze on car startup / SOS call malfunction often showed up / not always going into drive when you wanted it to. Lots of these issues listed for others on the forums that Audi said they couldn’t find when it regularly went in so I’m not missing it at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 05:02 PM   #222
benjy2409
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcr2Series View Post
I wouldn’t be too upset about the A3. That’s what I had. Was the new 2021 new shape. Looks the business but it did my head in. Too many faults for me. The reversing sensors didn’t always work / Virtual cockpit sometimes stuck / front passenger door didn’t always shut properly (had to slam it) / Radio often froze on car startup / SOS call malfunction often showed up / not always going into drive when you wanted it to. Lots of these issues listed for others on the forums that Audi said they couldn’t find when it regularly went in so I’m not missing it at all.
Oh yeah im not that bummed about the AUDI far happier with my 2 series GC just a ballache to wait 11 months between 2 new car orders lol. my own fault for not going BMW in the first place. plus audi wont let you spec certain options anymore unless you go vorsprung and that is so overpriced Pano roof i get in my 218i m sport so far happier when i actually get it .
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 04:59 AM   #223
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcr2Series View Post
Plus the simply awful interior quality....
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 07:43 AM   #224
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F30

Any new updates from anyone at all?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 08:04 AM   #225
bucha
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBudgie View Post
My 228i is at a 190 Status as of last Friday
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 08:26 AM   #226
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucha View Post
Quote:
Does that mean it's being built? How long did you wait for that status?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 09:15 AM   #227
bucha
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Does that mean it's being built? How long did you wait for that status?
190 means it’s en route to the port. I only waited a couple of months, it’s a US spec so I don’t know it that made any difference.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 09:30 AM   #228
Ramsay87
Rep
Drives: 2 series grand coupe

Mines has arrived in the UK, awaiting transfer to dealer so I'm guessing that shouldn't take too long?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 09:52 AM   #229
Ronin_nl
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels and a steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucha View Post

Wished that the 228 would also be built for the European makrt. but unfortunately. It is only intended for the US.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 12:52 PM   #230
benjy2409
Rep

Im now nearly 7 months in with no build date lol.

I am chasing up dealer this week but I know that Ill be told that its the waiting game. not their fault but getting a bit of a joke now to not have an indicated build date this year still. Hope others are having better luck
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 04:55 PM   #231
benjy2409
Rep

Quick update from my dealer is now that my car is finally showing as scheduled for estimated delivery of around "mid December" lol so that would be just over 12 months from point of order for a 218i I know that the car industry is having a rough time but that's 3 months over my top end estimate of lead time i was given at point of order. Thankfully they do say it could be moved up but equally that means there is potential to go the other way too

getting a bit laughable now.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 11:50 AM   #232
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quick update from my dealer is now that my car is finally showing as scheduled for estimated delivery of around "mid December" lol so that would be just over 12 months from point of order for a 218i I know that the car industry is having a rough time but that's 3 months over my top end estimate of lead time i was given at point of order. Thankfully they do say it could be moved up but equally that means there is potential to go the other way too

Wow! That's horrendous, just shows for us all that have ordered it in Feb/March time like myself are in for a very long wait then.

Did you order anything specific, any add ons etc to the 218?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 01:01 PM   #233
benjy2409
Rep

I ordered it with the Msport Pro pack, Harmon Kardon sound system, Park assist, Adaptive LED headlights, Lumbar support, extended fuel tank, Panoramic sunroof and manual gearbox in the storm bay grey paint. So I basically ticked every option I wanted that was available when I ordered.

I was advised that none of this would make a blind bit of difference to delivery date. the annoying thing is I have to reapply for finance when it arrives as the finance acceptance only lasted 60 days from point of check lol thats fine ill pass but wanted to get myself a nice watch and holding off so it dont impact my car
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 02:55 PM   #234
Natedogg80
Rep
Drives: 2 series

Quote:

I ordered mine june 21... it is finally in the country the end of May 22, but unfortunately I've been told it's in a bmw holding facility. All the 1 series and 2 series built between a particular date, just so happens the date mine was built, need to be safety checked before they are released to dealers. The dealership are HOPEFUL it shouldn't be much longer.... the wait Continues. 1 year and waiting.

By the way it's the 218i m automatic. Very little extras.

Last edited by Natedogg80; 06-11-2022 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 08:37 AM   #235
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

"Current estimated lead-times are 12 Months from point of order which would take us through to March 2023"

Rather than a September-December expected delivery, I've been emailed to say orders are now being pushed to 12 months from point of order. Just for everyone's attention
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 08:43 AM   #236
benjy2409
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg80 View Post
I ordered mine june 21... it is finally in the country the end of May 22, but unfortunately I've been told it's in a bmw holding facility. All the 1 series and 2 series built between a particular date, just so happens the date mine was built, need to be safety checked before they are released to dealers. The dealership are HOPEFUL it shouldn't be much longer.... the wait Continues. 1 year and waiting.

By the way it's the 218i m automatic. Very little extras.
Sorry to hear that pal fingers crossed it gets released to you very soon and all is good bit of a shame that these things are happening.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 08:44 AM   #237
Ramsay87
Rep
Drives: 2 series grand coupe

Just for reference I order my 218i automatic m sport mid August, it has now arrived in the UK and to be delivered on the 22nd to myself. So around 10 months total. I got the impression things were picking up so hopefully you all may not have to wait 12 months
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 01:22 PM   #238
Kingbolden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF44x View Post
That is true! When i was looking for any that were listed at dealers or for sale online I could hardly find any especially with the pro pack. I've had an update from the dealership and mine is going in for the build next week and should be with me 1st week of March as a fresh 22 plate opted for the 19'' 552m wheels too!
Thats good news, which dealership is your order with ? I haven't chased for an update in case its bad news !!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF44x View Post
That is true! When i was looking for any that were listed at dealers or for sale online I could hardly find any especially with the pro pack. I've had an update from the dealership and mine is going in for the build next week and should be with me 1st week of March as a fresh 22 plate opted for the 19'' 552m wheels too!
Thats good news, which dealership is your order with ? I haven't chased for an update in case its bad news !!
Good
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 08:32 AM   #239
Ronin_nl
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels and a steering wheel

Next week I can finally pick up my new 2 GC at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 01:55 PM   #240
bucha
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_nl View Post
Mine arrived to the dealership today, I’m hoping to take delivery Friday!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 03:43 PM   #241
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_nl View Post
How long did you have to wait from point of order? Trying to figure out an est. time to look at.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 08:40 AM   #242
rat1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2series M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbimm65 View Post
Quote:
hi,

new to this site, however I ordered my M235i in June and been given 7 dates now. But the latest I have is that it is due Feb 2022!!.

Anyone else in the same situation or had updates on orders being delivered?

Thanks
Quote:
hi,

new to this site, however I ordered my M235i in June and been given 7 dates now. But the latest I have is that it is due Feb 2022!!.

Thanks
Thats the same as mine! I'd much rather wait the extra month I was told and get it in March as a 22Plate than the 71Plate. What spec did you go for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbimm65 View Post
Quote:
hi,

Thanks
Quote:
hi,

Thanks
Thats the same as mine! I'd much rather wait the extra month I was told and get it in March as a 22Plate than the 71Plate. What spec did you go for?
Yeah had to wait until April 22 for mine in the end and was M235i with tech and pro packs, leather and in Storm bay loving it !!
Appreciate 0