E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Perplexing DRL Issue

05-10-2024, 11:37 AM   #1
lemansblue90
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 E90

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Perplexing DRL Issue

Hello all,

Recently the passenger side daytime running/parking light bulb in my 2011 335i blew. No big deal right?

So I went to the local advance, snagged a replacement bulb, replaced it, and then… Nothing.

The light still didn’t work, there was no non-coding way to reset it, and my hopes and dreams of working on my car fell flat on its face as I realize that I can’t even successfully replace a light bulb in my own vehicle.

So I called the local mechanic and asked if it could be a code issue and got told it’s a potential cause for a whole headlight replacement.

But here’s the kicker: a day after replacing the bulb, it works perfectly fine now?

Could this be a sign of a bigger issue or did something need to sit and reset before the car recognized the new bulb?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 03:53 AM   #2
noidex
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e93 N54 6MT

It seems to be a BMW thing that something just stops working and suddenly it's fine. I couldn't thing of any cause but if it doesn't return you should be fine? I guess? You are right, it is perplexing.
Appreciate 0