BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications M550i low coolant

05-09-2024, 03:40 PM   #45
Allank2912
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M550i

2020 M550 Coolant Leak

So I’m new to the BMW world so excuse my ignorance. Well this vehicle we purchased from the dealership (won’t mention right now) in 2022 pre-owned with a warranty. My wife wanted it. We just brought it in for routine service and on the was there a message came up saying the vehicle is in Decreased Performance mode and have the Power Train serviced. Well like I have been reading it turned out the coolant expansion tank was leaking. The SA stated that the tank was leaking and the coolant squirted onto two of the fuel injectors and they have to be replaced. She explained that the two hoses are also leaking but they are not covered under warranty. So knowing the dance with all service writers/advisors, I asked curiously, “ The expansion tank is leaking, and both in and out hoses are leaking?”. I stumbled on this forum and read the on going issues due to the heat off the engine, and agree it should be a Recall Issue. Well I’m getting hosed, for $1282, to fix a warranty covered tank. At least with this forum I understand the issues. So thanks for the posts. I think I will get that Route 66 coverage plan someone mentioned. Allan
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337502.00