BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

11-17-2023, 03:35 AM   #1
F40M135i
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F40 M135i

F40 M135i Wastegate Rattle + Turbo Squeak

I am writing to collate information about people who have had issues with the wastegate rattle on the F40 M135i xDrive.

Brisbane BMW told me that this was a known issue, and took the car in to apply a fix. Not only did this fix not solve the problem, but it has now created a new noise - a squeak from the turbo on gear changes.

You can hear the noises on this website I have created - https://bmwm135ixdriveownersforum.com/

BMW Australia has told me that this is "normal operational noise" for this model, that it was not a manufacturing defect, and that this was their final position.

It makes absolutely no sense to me that BMW Australia would class this as normal, when they have this issue listed in their Puma faults system as a known fault, and are having dealers fit a 'Spring Kit' fix. See attached image.

They also told me that if I wanted to take it further I would have to lodge a case with the Office of Fair Trading - so begrudgingly, that is what I have done - as well as lodging a case with QCAT.

I have had further conversations with BMW Brisbane about an extended warranty on the turbo however I have requested a replacement... not hopeful but we will see...

It would be great to hear from other owners who have had the same issues.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0