ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

04-09-2022, 05:35 PM   #1
heyyouduh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Body repair gurus, is this fixable?

just washed my car, noted a new dent. looks like maybe a shopping cart hit? it's my daily driver so it has some very minor scratches and dings and I'm sure it will accrue more. I do have comprehensive coverage but not even sure if worth reporting it, and not sure if worth replacing entire rear bumper cover for it. Any easy way to fix this? If not I'll leave it alone for now and worry about it down the road. TIA
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #2
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
just washed my car, noted a new dent. looks like maybe a shopping cart hit? it's my daily driver so it has some very minor scratches and dings and I'm sure it will accrue more. I do have comprehensive coverage but not even sure if worth reporting it, and not sure if worth replacing entire rear bumper cover for it. Any easy way to fix this? If not I'll leave it alone for now and worry about it down the road. TIA
I have a ding just like that (well a little worse) on the same character line but on the other side. I was told by a few high end shops they could fix it then respray, but when I had them confirm on email the best I got was “we’ll try our best but if you want perfection you should get a new bumper”. I just bought a new bumper and am having it sprayed and mounted - the cost of the job was the same, and a brand new rear bumper from BMW was under $600 (sans core charge). I just didn’t want to deal with a filled bumper considering a new/perfect one wasn’t back breaking.

Edit: the second picture is the backside of that line on a brand new bumper - if you wanted it pushed out, that’s where the access would be
Attached Images

Last edited by RugbyBro; 04-09-2022 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
heyyouduh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
I have a ding just like that (well a little worse) on the same character line but on the other side. I was told by a few high end shops they could fix it then respray, but when I had them confirm on email the best I got was “we’ll try our best but if you want perfection you should get a new bumper”. I just bought a new bumper and am having it sprayed and mounted - the cost of the job was the same, and a brand new rear bumper from BMW was under $600 (sans core charge). I just didn’t want to deal with a filled bumper considering a new/perfect one wasn’t back breaking.

Edit: the second picture is the backside of that line on a brand new bumper - if you wanted it pushed out, that’s where the access would be
Thanks! $600 is not bad. Yea that's what I figured. I'll probably leave it alone for now as I have a feeling I'll get more small dings and such... A few weeks ago went to target later at night and no one was close to me but when I got out someone had dumped like nacho cheese or something all over the car smh
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 07:32 PM   #4
c0nrad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post

where did you find a new bumper for $600?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 08:09 PM   #5
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nrad View Post
where did you find a new bumper for $600?
Just checked - I misspoke, it was $697 from BMW Northwest. I picked it up so paid no shipping charge.
c0nrad93.00