BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-01-2022, 03:42 PM   #23
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami sukehiro View Post
He obviously has no intention of buying the car if he is willing to flip his allocation for 2500. So he is essentially holding on to what will be someone else's car to profit off of it. Sure whatever, do whatever you want (and someone will likely end up paying that fee which is fine), but from his comments he seems to feel like he is entitled to getting compensated for his allocation which is pretty cringe in my opinion. Like negative amounts of humility
Its crazy that even a person with an allocation is trying to make money. Gone are those days where people used to help out fellow members.

I dont think we can frown upon dealers who are charging ADM for instock vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 04:04 PM   #24
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

If you can't afford the $2500 fee , keep it pushing and enjoy your 8 month wait instead of judging this guy.
This ain't for you , it's big boy business.

It's not highway robbery at all because someone in LA could save up to $2500-$7500 with this guys allocation.
It all depends on how you look at it.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:22 PM   #25
Day Laborer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpistol View Post
You know, people can find allocations for MSRP if they know where to look. This is robbery.
Then let them look. Im not putting a gun to anyones head to pay me for an allocation that I waited for
      02-01-2022, 06:51 PM   #26
madpistol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
If you can't afford the $2500 fee , keep it pushing and enjoy your 8 month wait instead of judging this guy.
This ain't for you , it's big boy business.

It's not highway robbery at all because someone in LA could save up to $2500-$7500 with this guys allocation.
It all depends on how you look at it.
"Big Boy Business"?

I called 5 different dealerships. Only 2 actually spoke with me. One straight up said they charge a $5K markup on any M car. The other one offered me MSRP because they actually want my business in the future once all of this shortage crap is over.

You want to know how you deal with markups? You don't shop there. I bet those prices come down very quickly when people stop buying their cars.

Also, the dealership that gave me MSRP? They also got me an allocation approximately 1 week after I gave them the spec I wanted. They now have a customer for life. Seriously. What these other dealerships don't understand is that this is my SECOND 3 series in a period of 12 months. Most dealerships would be drooling to have a repeat customer like me around, someone who is flagrantly bad at managing money... but most dealerships don't know that. It's their loss for trying to screw me or not even responding to my inquiries.

These dealerships are shooting themselves in the foot by adding $5-10k on top of this car during the parts/chip shortage. They are going to piss off a massive portion of their customer base, and at the end of all of it, people will remember which dealerships tried to screw them over when times got tough. It's a HORRIBLE business model since most people tend to make more money as time goes on.

/rant

Last edited by madpistol; 02-01-2022 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 3
adr_M3368.50
bmwdrive464.00
      02-02-2022, 10:02 AM   #27
Day Laborer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
And yet I'm the asshole
Attached Images

02-02-2022, 10:41 AM   #28
sJohnny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition XDrive SPY

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
And yet I'm the asshole
Just because dealerships are exploiting the market to take advantage of us doesn't mean that you aren't as well.

You are try to take advantage of us LESS than some dealerships, I'll give you that. Thanks I guess :

I don't fault you for the hustle, but you've lost the plot if you think you're not going to get criticized for it in this community
madpistol1750.50
      02-02-2022, 11:40 AM   #29
madpistol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sJohnny View Post
Just because dealerships are exploiting the market to take advantage of us doesn't mean that you aren't as well.

You are try to take advantage of us LESS than some dealerships, I'll give you that. Thanks I guess :

I don't fault you for the hustle, but you've lost the plot if you think you're not going to get criticized for it in this community
My thoughts exactly. Feel free to try and monetize your position. That's part of a free market. Unfortunately, part of the free market is people telling you what a shady practice it is since you did virtually nothing to earn it. It's the same thing with people scalping Graphics Cards right now; they're hard to find, and when someone does, they add 50% to the price and try and resell it in order to make a quick buck. It is their right to do that, but that doesn't make it right.
Appreciate 2
adr_M3368.50
sJohnny264.00