Closed Thread

10-14-2021, 03:54 PM   #67
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Im worn out of all the bullshit and politics/covid has made it even worse. So, there's my response while avoiding vaccine and political bullshit
I'm sure everyone is.
Problem is, you can't ignore or dance around the problem and hope it goes away.

Not everyone even wants to understand the science or the facts, they just cherry pick what they want to believe and plug their ears and say everything else is fake news.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #68
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I'm sure everyone is.
Problem is, you can't ignore or dance around the problem and hope it goes away.

Not everyone even wants to understand the science or the facts, they just cherry pick what they want to believe and plug their ears and say everything else is fake news.
Not suggesting we ignore or dance around anything. The narrative is never an open discussion, it's one agenda, thrown in everyone's faces. That's the annoying part.

And I won't turn this thread into discussing "covid science" but I'll take my chances with a 99%+++ survival rate over a vaccine. For me, that's all I really need to know. But I respect anyone else's decision to do as they please.
unluky7465.00
      10-14-2021, 04:20 PM   #69
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
But I respect anyone else's decision to do as they please.
Unfortunately, this puts you/I in somewhat of a minority.
Appreciate 4
unluky7465.00
EnVe461037.50
kscarrol8775.50
      10-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #70
CitizenX
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
You are cherry picking numbers to suit your pov.
333M vs 1.39B population

Yet India as much poorer country (3rd world) has only conducted 587M tests vs USA at 665M tests.

So there is the flaw in your logic, India conducts way less testing per 1M/population. 420,546 test for every 1M.

Yet the US has 1,994,513 test for every 1M.

Think about those numbers for a second.
I must admit, I am impressed you are able to breath and type at the same time. Your logic, and I used that term loosely for you is the only thing here that is flawed.

I feel like this is waste of time, with someone as yourself who thinks a 3rd world country with 4 times the population, 1/3 the land mass, and triple the average household size would be a "cherry pick" for these numbers.

India SHOULD have been ravaged by Covid, and at first it was, Hitting over 400K daily cases in April. The media was a firestorm with how horrific it was. All of the videos are still up for you too see for how main stream media declared this was the end of the world for India.

Then something happened, instead of being morons such as yourself, the government acted quickly, mass producing kits with various medicines (Ivermectin, doxycyline, zinc, vitamin d) and made it widely available. Anyone in a household that got covid meant the entire house should take the kits.

And it worked, The evidence is clear, you can dance it all around you want but the facts are India kicked our ass with how Covid was handled and saved hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives. Can you imagine if a someone like you was in charge, how many more lives would have been lost there?

Keep telling yourself its a massive conspiracy that India controls all of the media and is covering up what should have been an absolute disaster for them. Damn they are good, that's a lot of bodies to hide.

People like you have cost peoples lives. People like you buy into the vaccine being the ONLY option instead of just ONE of the options. People like you bought into this "horse paste" fallacy that prevented these treatments from ever being offered to the masses who were in the hospital dying from Covid. This is on YOU and your fellow morons who can ONLY think what they are told.

Had we done what India did, not only offered the Vaccine but also offering the same kits India did, would have saved thousands of lives.

Know that when this is over, history will look back harshly at fools like you that were so easily programmed to believe EXACTLY what they wanted and it cost lives.

But there is a silver lining, know that your blind allegiance helped create 12 new pharma billionaires. They thank you for your support.

Now stop wasting your time here, these critical thinking concepts are clearly beyond you. Go back to CNN & MSNBC, FOX, CBS, ETC for your daily programming robot.

Last edited by CitizenX; 10-14-2021 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 4
      10-14-2021, 04:55 PM   #71
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenX View Post
I must admit, I am impressed you are able to breath and type at the same time. Your logic, and I used that term loosely for you is the only thing here that is flawed.

I feel like this is waste of time, with someone as yourself who thinks a 3rd world country with 4 times the population, 1/3 the land mass, and triple the average household size would be a "cherry pick" for these numbers.

India SHOULD have been ravaged by Covid, and at first it was, Hitting over 400K daily cases in April. The media was a firestorm with how horrific it was. All of the videos are still up for you too see for how main stream media declared this was the end of the world for India.

Then something happened, instead of being morons such as yourself, the government acted quickly, mass producing kits with various medicines (Ivermectin, doxycyline, zinc, vitamin d) and made it widely available. Anyone in a household that got covid meant the entire house should take the kits.

And it worked, The evidence is clear, you can dance it all around you want but the facts are India kicked our ass with how Covid was handled and saved hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives. Can you imagine if a someone like you was in charge, how many more lives would have been lost there?

Keep telling yourself its a massive conspiracy that India controls all of the media and is covering up what should have been an absolute disaster for them. Damn they are good, that's a lot of bodies to hide.

Idiots like you have cost peoples lives. Idiots like you buy into the vaccine being the ONLY option instead of just ONE of the options. Idiots like you bought into this "horse paste" fallacy that prevented these treatments from ever being offered to the masses who were in the hospital dying from Covid. This is on YOU and your fellow morons who can ONLY think what they are told.

Had we done what India did, not only offered the Vaccine but also offering the same kits India did, would have saved thousands of lives.

Know that when this is over, history will look back harshly at fools like you that were so easily programmed to believe EXACTLY what they wanted and it cost lives.

But there is a silver lining, know that your blind allegiance helped create 12 new pharma billionaires. They thank you for your support.

Now stop wasting your time here, these critical thinking concepts are clearly beyond you. Go back to CNN & MSNBC, FOX, CBS, ETC for your daily programming robot.

To prove your point - post this on FB or Twitter and see how long till it is removed or banned. Open discussion will NOT be tolerated.
      10-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #72
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
To prove your point - post this on FB or Twitter and see how long till it is removed or banned. Open discussion will NOT be tolerated.
Isn't that the truth. I will just be seen as another anti-vaxxer which I am NOT.

I am realist. The Vax has its place as does other forms of treatment.

The answer to this pandemic is not a binary one, there are multiple attack vectors we COULD have launched as India did that would have saved thousands, but alas the populace has turned into complete drones, eagerly waiting to be told how and what to think.
Appreciate 2
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #73
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Your input here is EXACTLY what we didn't need. The guy you rebutted didn't call you an idiot or fool in case you didn't realize that. You went ahead and did it several times throughout your post and then on top of that you figured by typing in bold font that would get your point of view across even more?
Appreciate 1
tdott3930.50
      10-14-2021, 05:17 PM   #74
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Maybe one should consider whether they should waste time on FB or Twitter? Both of those platforms are a joke so I would suggest not using that as a basis for your argument.

If you're getting your "news" from either of those sources, or maybe even validation to support your opinion, that may not be the best idea.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 05:24 PM   #75
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Your input here is EXACTLY what we didn't need. The guy you rebutted didn't call you an idiot or fool in case you didn't realize that. You went ahead and did it several times throughout your post and then on top of that you figured by typing in bold font that would get your point of view across even more?
That is because I am neither an idiot or a fool, the facts are on my side, but you do have a point, I did overdo it and I edited it toned it down. Not for him or for you mind you, you two are lost causes, I did it for those who are the precipice. Those who are reading this thread and can feel in their blood there is more to this story and hopefully they will look deeper and do their own research and come to their own conclusions, instead of just being spoonfed what and how to think such as yourself.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 05:28 PM   #76
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
That is because I am neither an idiot or a fool, the facts are on my side, but you do have a point, I did overdo it and I edited it toned it down. Not for him or for you mind you, you two are lost causes, I did it for those who are the precipice. Those who can feel in their blood there is more to this story and hopefully they will look deeper and do their own research, instead of just being spoonfed what and how to think such as yourself.
I'm sorry, you know me because what again? Pretty sure I haven't really dug into this topic specifically here about my position on vaccinations and mandates. As such I'm not certain how you are in a position to label me as a "lost cause". Not that it should really concern me but just thinking out loud. For the record, I'm not being spoon fed jack shit. I can make my own decisions based on my own view of things and certainly not from social media platforms or the extreme fringes of either side of the proverbial aisle.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 05:35 PM   #77
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry, you know me because what again? Pretty sure I haven't really dug into this topic specifically here about my position on vaccinations and mandates. As such I'm not certain how you are in a position to label me as a "lost cause". Not that it should really concern me but just thinking out loud. For the record, I'm not being spoon fed jack shit. I can make my own decisions based on my own view of things and certainly not from social media platforms or the extreme fringes of either side of the proverbial aisle.
I am sorry, did I misjudge you? You are not pro-mandate? Isn't what this entire thread is about? A player not complying with the Mandate?

BTW, the third booster was just approved here in the U.S. today. For select groups, in a few months it will be a requirement. The fourth, fifth, sixth, etc will follow in the coming months/years. Do you have a number or you will you blindly comply no matter how far it goes?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 05:40 PM   #78
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I am sorry, did I misjudge you? You are not pro-mandate? Isn't what this entire thread is about? A player not complying with the Mandate?

BTW, the third booster was just approved here in the U.S. today. For select groups, in a few months it will be a requirement. The fourth, fifth, sixth, etc will follow in the coming months/years. Do you have a number or you will you blindly comply no matter how far it goes?
This post is about an NBA player and the dilemma he finds himself in, no more no less. I'm not here to discuss my personal opinion on mandates, otherwise that would be an entirely different thread and nothing to do with Kyrie Irving and the Nets organization.

You clearly have not been around here very long so I'll cut you some slack but whenever you go in guns blazing on whatever subject it might be and start calling people names and more or less reveal your character (and beliefs) in a single post, that doesn't necessarily end well. I haven't been here a real long time either but long enough to see stupid shit going back and forth which often times is pointless and even leads to deleted threads or in some cases accounts being banned. Trust me when I tell you there are plenty of members around that are tired of that.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #79
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This post is about an NBA player and the dilemma he finds himself in, no more no less. I'm not here to discuss my personal opinion on mandates, otherwise that would be an entirely different thread and nothing to do with Kyrie Irving and the Nets organization.

You clearly have not been around here very long so I'll cut you some slack but whenever you go in guns blazing on whatever subject it might be and start calling people names and more or less reveal your character (and beliefs) in a single post, that doesn't necessarily end well. I haven't been here a real long time either but long enough to see stupid shit going back and forth which often times is pointless and even leads to deleted threads or in some cases accounts being banned. Trust me when I tell you there are plenty of members around that are tired of that.
Well this is all on you, you set the tone with the "bonehead" term on Kyrie. And no I am not some diehard Kyrie fan, I didn't even know he existed until he made the news about standing up to the Mandate. When I read what you said about him, I had to respond.

If you wish to have a true neutral discussion, set the tone as such.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2021, 06:06 PM   #80
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Well this is all on you, you set the tone with the "bonehead" term on Kyrie. And no I am not some diehard Kyrie fan, I didn't even know he existed until he made the news about standing up to the Mandate. When I read what you said about him, I had to respond.

If you wish to have a true neutral discussion, set the tone as such.
Fair enough but my bonehead remark is based on my knowledge of him and his history, not just this particular matter. The fact you didn't know him tells me you are unaware of his past. I stated this in an earlier post but I think if he just came clean and stated clearly what this is truly about rather than his weak explanation about "standing up for the voiceless" I would perhaps believe it. I don't. The dude is selfish and it is not just based on this story. Other people familiar with his personality may also agree but I understand the point you are attempting to make.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 06:17 PM   #81
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Fair enough but my bonehead remark is based on my knowledge of him and his history, not just this particular matter. The fact you didn't know him tells me you are unaware of his past. I stated this in an earlier post but I think if he just came clean and stated clearly what this is truly about rather than his weak explanation about "standing up for the voiceless" I would perhaps believe it. I don't. The dude is selfish and it is not just based on this story. Other people familiar with his personality may also agree but I understand the point you are attempting to make.
I would agree with you and consider this just another attention getting scheme if he was doing this without consequence, but he is walking away from 15 million a year! That makes me go to his corner, he truly is man of conviction, and write or wrong, you have to respect him for that. Most of us could not walk away from that amount of money, even if we were already multi-millionaires such as himself. I believe in this rare instance, he sees the bigger picture, its not about himself or sports anymore, its about our own individual sovereignty and our right to choose what we do with our bodies and the loss of personal freedom and rights to choose.

And I am not holding this against the Nets either, they didn't want this.

I hold us, the body politic, responsible for bending the knee and allowing our leaders to do this to us. Its my entire point, this is really not about covid, its about power and it absolutely will not stop if we continue on this path.

Last edited by CitizenX; 10-14-2021 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 2
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 07:50 PM   #82
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I would agree with you and consider this just another attention getting scheme if he was doing this without consequence, but he is walking away from 15 million a year! That makes me go to his corner, he truly is man of conviction, and write or wrong, you have to respect him for that. Most of us could not walk away from that amount of money, even if we were already multi-millionaires such as himself. I believe in this rare instance, he sees the bigger picture, its not about himself or sports anymore, its about our own individual sovereignty and our right to choose what we do with our bodies and the loss of personal freedom and rights to choose.

And I am not holding this against the Nets either, they didn't want this.

I hold us, the body politic, responsible for bending the knee and allowing our leaders to do this to us. Its my entire point, this is really not about covid, its about power and it absolutely will not stop if we continue on this path.
Sure, that makes sense. Please just keep in mind that the notion of "power" works both ways, not just attributed to a single party if you will. There are plenty of power hungry morons on all sides and it's to our country's detriment, but I digress.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 08:52 PM   #83
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Testing, is this still open?

10-14-2021, 09:06 PM   #84
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 05:27 AM   #85
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
So Durant has said he hasn’t spoke to Kyrie since Tuesday. $6 and my left boob says that Durant will get tired of this and trade Kyrie if he doesn’t join the team soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 05:53 AM   #86
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
FWIW, he also thinks the earth is flat, lol.

That’s always your sides go to when someone has the audacity to have different beliefs than you. I love how this guy in the video mocks this standard, you must be a “flat earther ” answer that comes from God haters.

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 07:05 AM   #87
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I must admit, I am impressed you are able to breath and type at the same time. Your logic, and I used that term loosely for you is the only thing here that is flawed.[/B]
Yea I am not going to justify your word salad with my time.

If you don't understand how lower amounts of testing results in a lower number of cases being reporting, I can't help you.

I never mentioned anything about vaccines or treatment. I never commented on how either country was handling covid aside from 2 factual points, the population numbers, and the number of tests and positive cases. Yet you make a lot of assumptions and strayed away from the point of debate.

Carry on with your 'what-about-ism'.

Have a good day.

Last edited by tdott; 10-15-2021 at 07:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12786.50
Torgus3779.00
      10-15-2021, 07:14 AM   #88
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
do their own research and come to their own conclusions, instead of just being spoonfed what and how to think such as yourself.

An IQ above 110 is considered smart, or above average intelligence.
US average IQ is a 97 and has been falling.

So always consider that there are more dumb people than smart people around you.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
Closed Thread