BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

02-11-2020, 11:27 PM   #111
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I'm not sure if this car has enough grilles....

I think it needs more grille....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 08:20 AM   #112
CWads69
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9820 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWads69 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I cannot believe this, but a Civic or Corolla, which presumably this thing competes with, looks better with more uniform design language.
Quote:
For those that don't like the styling, you're obviously not the target audience. So good news, you don't have to buy it!
Thanks for that. Back to discussing a brand we are enthusiastic about on a board designed specifically to discuss it.
I wonder how all the critics, who have zero design knowledge, would fair designing any vehicle, much less this one. So easy to critique
So in your world, we just keep our mouths shut and/or don't buy it? Where's the fun in that? And just because presumably none of us are car designers, that means that we can't have an eye for great design or that our opinions are invalidated because it's not our job?

Sorry, I don't agree with you at all. So when I see a manufacturer that I have a 10 year connection with, struggling with product line dilution, clear vision and direction, and occasional questionable design, I'm going to voice my opinion often and loudly. Just as valid when I compliment them on jobs well done. Lastly, the Kia comment was spot on, with many of the top designers recently moving between companies, specifically Kia and BMW. Personally, I think Kia's are decent cars, but that doesn't mean that I want my BMW's following their design cues.
Right, that's what I said...keep our mouths shut. Missed the point, but that's cool.

Have a nice day.
You can keep your mouth shut... and maybe don't be so condescending. Right, how about get a life instead of have a nice life. You sure you don't own a Porsche... acting like it.
Lol that was brilliant! Truly. Condescending? Nope. Not even a little. Sorry you had a tough day at the office. I was being sincere when I said have a nice day.

p.s. no Porsche here my friend, sorry to disappoint.
Could have fooled me... felt like passive aggressive. Shut up but have a nice day? Really? And no, I actually had a nice day, just not asked to shut up very often, and when it does happen, react pretty normally. Everyone, including you, and me, are entitled to voice our opinions. We can disagree, and still be respectful... telling me and others to shut up because you don't like what we're saying or don't agree, imho, is far from respectful. Since you don't own a Porsche, maybe it's YOU who had the bad day?
Ah I see the problem...please re-read the post....I said, "....OUR mouths..." not yours

EDIT: and I had a pretty fine day myself, thanks!
Last comment I'll make on this, is feel free to follow your own advice, but don't tell me to shut my mouth under the guise of "our mouths". It's offensive... and contrary to what I thought these forums are supposed to be about. I will give you this, texts, and comments in forums, can easily be taken in a way other than intended, though I'm not sure that applies here. Have a good day (sincerely)... I know I will, the sun is out, and in a while I get to drive my '20 M2 Competition, which never fails to put a smile on my face. Cheers...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 08:36 AM   #113
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I cannot believe this, but a Civic or Corolla, which presumably this thing competes with, looks better with more uniform design language.
Quote:
For those that don't like the styling, you're obviously not the target audience. So good news, you don't have to buy it!
Thanks for that. Back to discussing a brand we are enthusiastic about on a board designed specifically to discuss it.
I wonder how all the critics, who have zero design knowledge, would fair designing any vehicle, much less this one. So easy to critique
So in your world, we just keep our mouths shut and/or don't buy it? Where's the fun in that? And just because presumably none of us are car designers, that means that we can't have an eye for great design or that our opinions are invalidated because it's not our job?

Sorry, I don't agree with you at all. So when I see a manufacturer that I have a 10 year connection with, struggling with product line dilution, clear vision and direction, and occasional questionable design, I'm going to voice my opinion often and loudly. Just as valid when I compliment them on jobs well done. Lastly, the Kia comment was spot on, with many of the top designers recently moving between companies, specifically Kia and BMW. Personally, I think Kia's are decent cars, but that doesn't mean that I want my BMW's following their design cues.
Right, that's what I said...keep our mouths shut. Missed the point, but that's cool.

Have a nice day.
You can keep your mouth shut... and maybe don't be so condescending. Right, how about get a life instead of have a nice life. You sure you don't own a Porsche... acting like it.
Lol that was brilliant! Truly. Condescending? Nope. Not even a little. Sorry you had a tough day at the office. I was being sincere when I said have a nice day.

p.s. no Porsche here my friend, sorry to disappoint.
Could have fooled me... felt like passive aggressive. Shut up but have a nice day? Really? And no, I actually had a nice day, just not asked to shut up very often, and when it does happen, react pretty normally. Everyone, including you, and me, are entitled to voice our opinions. We can disagree, and still be respectful... telling me and others to shut up because you don't like what we're saying or don't agree, imho, is far from respectful. Since you don't own a Porsche, maybe it's YOU who had the bad day?
Ah I see the problem...please re-read the post....I said, "....OUR mouths..." not yours

EDIT: and I had a pretty fine day myself, thanks!
Last comment I'll make on this, is feel free to follow your own advice, but don't tell me to shut my mouth under the guise of "our mouths". It's offensive... and contrary to ywhat I thought these forums are supposed to be about. I will give you this, texts, and comments in forums, can easily be taken in a way other than intended, though I'm not sure that applies here. Have a good day (sincerely)... I know I will, the sun is out, and in a while I get to drive my '20 M2 Competition, which never fails to put a smile on my face. Cheers...
I never said to shut your mouth. Enjoy your M2 drive today
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 06:27 PM   #114
cactusjack
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saturn Outlook

bro u really sound like a bitch rn lol
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:49 AM   #115
soons50
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M(azda)3

Just saw this at my local dealer (62k$ CND including taxes and options) :
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Feddersen451.00
      02-13-2020, 06:54 AM   #116
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soons50 View Post
That's crazy. You're not too far off a base M340i and closer to a very well equipped 330i (in Canada).
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:55 AM   #117
CWads69
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
bro u really sound like a bitch rn lol
Assuming you're referring to my comments, then Ok bro, yes, if someone's saying we should just keep our mouths shut and being a bit out of line, yeah, I'm going to call them out. Maybe you don't care, then that's fine for you. My beef was basically don't tell me to shut my mouth. You can disagree with my opinions, just be respectful. Don't dismiss them because I'm not a car designer by profession. And bitch? Really? Maybe look in the mirror, Ok bro, LOL?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:56 AM   #118
soons50
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Quote:
That's crazy. You're not too far off a base M340i and closer to a very well equipped 330i (in Canada).
Yes, there is a 330i with a couple options at the same price in the showroom...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #119
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

That's near identical to RS3 pricing for non-Canadian folks.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #120
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
RS3 will be in the 80k range here.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #121
CWads69
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalrx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
RS3 will be in the 80k range here.
Yikes, didn't realize an RS3 was that pricey! How would you say an $80k RS3 stacks up against the M2 CS? Besides the obvious, RWD vs. AWD, 2 dr. vs 4 dr.???
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:50 AM   #122
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
In all honesty, it doesnt look too bad, proportions are iffy, but overall it looks modern. What kills it for me is the price, they want it to fill a gap and capture a bigger market share for a crossover (i consider this more cuv than car) audience, but priced it right out of that space. If i was offered a killer deal on it i'd be tempted, but as it is, no way jose.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #123
Habber
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Here at BMW we strive to design the best loaner cars in the world.
Appreciate 2
arashir164.00
Moflow2484.50
      02-13-2020, 01:08 PM   #124
soons50
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I made a mistake, the price (62k$) is BEFORE taxes!
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      02-13-2020, 01:36 PM   #125
kuradile
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i

Why does the back end look like it came off an SUV?
Appreciate 1
CWads6937.50
      02-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #126
cactusjack
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Assuming you're referring to my comments, then Ok bro, yes, if someone's saying we should just keep our mouths shut and being a bit out of line, yeah, I'm going to call them out. Maybe you don't care, then that's fine for you. My beef was basically don't tell me to shut my mouth. You can disagree with my opinions, just be respectful. Don't dismiss them because I'm not a car designer by profession. And bitch? Really? Maybe look in the mirror, Ok bro, LOL?
Shut ur mouth bro
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #127
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Not clear what you mean. Whether is clothing, furniture, iphones or cars, you don't have to be a professional designer to comment or provide critique on design.
Appreciate 1
CWads6937.50
      02-13-2020, 04:53 PM   #128
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
I made a mistake, the price (62k$) is BEFORE taxes!
That has the HEA2 pack so basically launch car completely loaded. You can pare the options down and get a decent discount and get closer to 55k on it.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 04:59 PM   #129
m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
In those pix it doesnt look bad at all, and certainly the front nose is nicer then the upcoming 4er/M3/M4.
Will need to see in the metal to decide
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:29 PM   #130
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Personally, I think Kia's are decent cars, but that doesn't mean that I want my BMW's following their design cues.
^This.

As an aside, do you two see how you can go back and edit and take things out instead of re-quoting yourselves a dozen times and making the rest of us keep scrolling past your tiff?

Just sayin...
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 10:12 PM   #131
CWads69
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Quote:
Shut ur mouth bro
Oh yes massa... right away! Hmmm, on second thought, get bent bro
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #132
cactusjack
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Oh yes massa... right away! Hmmm, on second thought, get bent bro
Appreciate 0