proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-24-2016, 02:54 PM   #23
Fake News 2017
HMFIC
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_matt View Post
+ 2 day m school.
Brilliant
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 03:10 PM   #24
m_matt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335m | 2016 F80 zCP

Customer Relations Exec assigned to my car. Also, as everyone believes that ED has the most leverage and it's not true. You've paid for your car already & I still have the option to cancel or not purchase it. Like may have said BMW is in the business to sell cars. Adding an accessory or throwing in something they offer costs them almost nothing when it comes from BMWna.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 03:10 PM   #25
cruise_bone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Soon to be E90 or E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror View Post
I was sent (and already received) a check for $500 as goodwill. I never even inquired about compensation originally, but they brought it up, and I said sure.
WTF?
I was told only 18 hours before my July 20 delivery that the stop was put in place that very day. This was as I was already on vacation in Ireland and packing for the morning flight to Munich to pick up my car.
Nobody offered me any Goodwill.
BMW stole my one M trip to Germany. My last ED was a 328. My next ED, if I do another BMW will likely be a 535d type ride as I near retirement. This was my one and only M purchase this lifetime. I'm pretty sure that I won't get another lifetime in which to have a second M trip. And my significant other is already wondering why I didn't buy the 7 carbon core after seeing the commercials during the Olympics. This was it, my one M purchase.
BMW literally took it away from me based on a non-safety issue. They stole it from me.
Yes, this is a 1st world problem and I am the only one losing sleep over my individual situation but BMW has failed me.
Quite frankly, they owe me.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 03:11 PM   #26
cruise_bone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Soon to be E90 or E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeM4 View Post
Brilliant
This was the first thing that came into my mind the instant that I heard of the stop. I've been holding it in until I see the final outcome of this debacle.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #27
m_matt
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Now that's a great idea! I'd love a carbon fiber spoiler.
I guess, but it doesn't mean anything until the new diff is in my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #28
F80 ZCP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Farm Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejonsson90 View Post
Who are you all talking to that's giving you this? Genius?

Also, I'm assuming this would only be offered to ED customers whose cars were delayed outside of the quoted 10 week wait time?
Don't even bother with Genius. They can only tell you what is on the computer. They are the pawns on a chess board. The info came directly from Customer Relations. The way it was worded was EVERYONE affected by this recall (ED, PCD, and dealer delivery) will get rewarded. If they really do plan to give this, then great. If not, oh well it is not the end of the world.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 04:25 PM   #29
F80 ZCP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Farm Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
You asked the question on what we'd think is "equitable" compensation, going on to say that you'd like an extended warranty. If you think there's no monetary value in anything/everything being offered...I can post no more.

Maybe I should have worded my last sentence differently. I was playing a "what if" scenario. So if the manufacturer voluntarily offered a good will gesture to us what would I/you like or hope to be offered? I say IF, because it is not confirmed and is not in writing. I would hope that an extra warranty coverage would be offered.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #30
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Compensation depends on a variety of different factors. How long did you have to wait (outside of the allotted delivery time), how many BMW's have you owned, how much were you inconvenienced by this, etc.

People like Master Yoda and Cruise Bone will get more compensation, as they should (in various forms) for having their ED trips ruined on short notice. People whose cars are delayed by 3 days are obviously going to get less.

Each person's situation is different and depending on the circumstances, people will be compensated differently so it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to compare compensation packages as people will just get mad if they got less than others.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50
      08-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #31
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

If all of the threads asking "what if" and speculating about this or that were to disappear there wouldn't be anything left of this site. You guys need some hobbies!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #32
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

I am not comfortable in sharing the details of my compensation until the ordeal is over, but to this point I feel that I have been fairly compensated by BMW NA and where they have missed, my dealer has more than filled in. I assume that the dealer has funds from BMW to dealer with customer relationship issues, so I don't think that they are eating all of it.

Nevertheless, my compensation consists of BMW parts, dealer services, BMW experiences, and cash. My situation is a little different because I got hit with a failed ED before the diff issue was known (lost license plates at the Welt), and then I was part of the diff recall. Suffice it to say, they have done well in recovering - granted, I would have preferred to just get my car on ED and then get it back to the US in a reasonable time. But there is an end in sight, and although the wait and paying for something that you don't have is painful, they have stepped up to ease that pain.

Last edited by Skubalon; 08-25-2016 at 07:43 AM..
Appreciate 2
OutlawX3M298.00
bb1857868.00
      08-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #33
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

you aren't going to get shit if your car hasn't actually exceeded your delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:25 AM   #34
OutlawX3M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP. 2020 BMW X3M

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Don't overlook the fact that once you accept "any" compensation from BMW, you waive all rights to seek additional claims if any are available to you (say a class action suit etc). Of course this is perfectly fine if they accept your offer or you accept their offer for reasonable compensation.

Of course each individual will have a unique situation that is governed by the country/state/province of residence.

I suspect that once BMW has gone through enough cases, patterns will emerge. They'll use these patterns to define total losses for this fiasco and bean counters will work with lawyers to mitigate it.

They will close out as many cases as they can in the fashion they are doing so now -- quietly, without an announcement of any sort. Most likely these customers are doing so without legal representation (a phone call with Customer relations as an example). And honestly you don't really need legal representation IMO. We're smart, self-motivated and successful -- that's why we drive BMW's!

This forum is somewhat disrupting that because people are sharing their experiences so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some non-disclosure type wrapping on things.
Appreciate 2
      08-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #35
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw M3 View Post
Don't overlook the fact that once you accept "any" compensation from BMW, you waive all rights to seek additional claims if any are available to you (say a class action suit etc). Of course this is perfectly fine if they accept your offer or you accept their offer for reasonable compensation.

Of course each individual will have a unique situation that is governed by the country/state/province of residence.

I suspect that once BMW has gone through enough cases, patterns will emerge. They'll use these patterns to define total losses for this fiasco and bean counters will work with lawyers to mitigate it.

They will close out as many cases as they can in the fashion they are doing so now -- quietly, without an announcement of any sort. Most likely these customers are doing so without legal representation (a phone call with Customer relations as an example). And honestly you don't really need legal representation IMO. We're smart, self-motivated and successful -- that's why we drive BMW's!

This forum is somewhat disrupting that because people are sharing their experiences so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some non-disclosure type wrapping on things.

meh.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 11:04 AM   #36
m_matt
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw M3

Are you a lawyer?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 11:19 AM   #37
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Are you a lawyer?
Isn't everybody on here a lawyer?
Appreciate 3
Msmall143270.00
m_matt57.50
Draper3468.00
      08-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #38
m_matt
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
Quote:
Are you a lawyer?
Touché
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 11:36 AM   #39
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #40
m_matt
Private First Class
Rep

I have a new request of compensation:

BMW to brief customer on all company information in regards to future variants of interest.

BMW will grant customer exclusive rights to first allocation of any and all limited production variants to be exercised at their discretion.

BMW will then here in after provide a priority status of all customer orders with immediate 112 status of any production engagement, waiving all and any individual costs.

As a courtesy, the valued customer will receive 0001 financing on all and any vehicles at invoice cost for a lifetime

All vehicles acquired by the customer will be accompanied by a full 1,000,000 mile maintenance coverage.

Customer will be granted the right to crash 1 BMW DTC vehicle per year on any track of their preference.
Appreciate 2