proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
crl8474
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Annoying Nav Issue

Upon start up my car ('17 CP M3) the nav system automatically routes me to the last destination entered without being prompted to do so. I have gone in and deleted all prior destinations; however, the prior destination still pops up when I get back in the car and start up. As a result I have to go in and cancel guidance every single time - annoying as hell. Any ideas what is going on. Just started two days ago. About that time the auto zoom feature started acting weird - it zooms out to show the full route then zooms down to a closer view as it should but then zooms back out as I get near the next turn which makes it virtually impossible to use the nav screen to guage distance to a upcoming turn (I realize the HUD shows the actual distance to a turn or desitination but sometimes there are two streets very close together which you can see on the actual nav screen on not on the HUD).

Any help would be appreciated. I think I've tried about everything I can. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #2
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

That is weird, sounds like a software glitch within idrive. Since you can easily re-produce it I would take it to the dealer to see first hand. Maybe a software update or re-load would clear it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 12:26 AM   #3
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

I concur; I would take it into service.
My nav will automatically stop once I reach my destination. Occasionally, I will be prompted to resume when getting back into car; but, it does not auto-start.
You can toggle whether you want it to auto-zoom.
Appreciate 0