BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

06-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
cap_freez
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of my way
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X3, 2013 RS5

Invoice prices

Hey guys,

I'm starting to look around for an M3. Anyone has an idea of what the Canadian invoice price would be on a fully loaded coupe or sedan?

I know it's hard to get deals on M's in canada since dealers don't keep many in stock, but anyone here would like to share any negotiating tips? What are my odds of getting a good deal if I have to order the car?

thanks
      06-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrboy View Post
Hey guys,

I'm starting to look around for an M3. Anyone has an idea of what the Canadian invoice price would be on a fully loaded coupe or sedan?

I know it's hard to get deals on M's in canada since dealers don't keep many in stock, but anyone here would like to share any negotiating tips? What are my odds of getting a good deal if I have to order the car?

thanks
Hey Rockrboy, i'm in the same boat as you, trying to get as much info before I pull the trigger. I found two threads that should help:

1. Canadian Wholesale/Invoice Price: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361779

2. Canadian Wholesale/Invoice Price on ZCP Package: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...nada+wholesale
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
Hey Rockrboy, i'm in the same boat as you, trying to get as much info before I pull the trigger. I found two threads that should help:

1. Canadian Wholesale/Invoice Price: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361779

2. Canadian Wholesale/Invoice Price on ZCP Package: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...nada+wholesale
Guys, I went though the same thing a few months ago and I an finally picking the car up this week. The margin at the dealer level (what a SA would work with) based on Car Cost Canada is 9% plus any lease incentives. I went on their site today to get you a quote of a 2011 coupe with every option but the site for some reason only has the 2010s now. Odd. I will check again in a couple of days to see if they update the site. Good luck.

Last edited by ASU; 06-14-2010 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys,

thanks
I checked the site again guys and it isn't updated again. However, I did look at the link that was posted on this thread and all the numbers are 9% as I mention.

As for deals, this is a tough one. The demand is basically equal to the supply so most dealers that deal with the M know they will sell them. However last year that wasn't quite the case. As you most likely know there were a few 2010's around for awhile and in fact still think there are a couple individuals still around. They would most likely be flexible with the 2010s.

For example I think Budds in Ontario have two very good looking M3 Coupe's with individual colours. On an order I woudl suspect you could deal somewhere around 3-4% off. Not alot. However, there has to be something more to move out a 2010. Hope this helps.

B935342 New 2010 BMW M3 Coupe 19" M Double Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 220M
Audiophile Sound Package
BMW Individual Paintwork (Exterior)
Carbon Black Leather Trim
Glass Sunroof
High Gloss Shadow Line
M Double Clutch Transmission w/ Drivelogic
MDrive Package
SMG Monte Carlo Blue Ed with Silver Special Order Upholstery 90 $96,009.00

B935341 New 2010 BMW M3 Coupe 19" M Double Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 220M
Audiophile Sound Package
BMW Individual Paintwork
Carbon Black Leather Trim
Ext Colour not recognized - Charge may apply
High Gloss Shadow Line
Individual Interior Colour
Int Colour not recognized - Charge may apply
M Double Clutch Transmission w/ Drivelogic
MDrive Package
SMG Dakar Yellow Black 90 $96,015.00
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU View Post
I checked the site again guys and it isn't updated again. However, I did look at the link that was posted on this thread and all the numbers are 9% as I mention.

As for deals, this is a tough one. The demand is basically equal to the supply so most dealers that deal with the M know they will sell them. However last year that wasn't quite the case. As you most likely know there were a few 2010's around for awhile and in fact still think there are a couple individuals still around. They would most likely be flexible with the 2010s.
Thanks ASU. Toronto BMW has two 2010 M3s with pretty much the same specs as the ones at Budds, and Maranello also has a pair (red and yellow). I'm somewhat resigned on the price disparity between Canada and the US, but the financing/leasing rates are downright insulting. In the US you can get 1%-3% financing, whereas here its 7%.

Even with your info, I think i'll go in at something around $1000-$1500 over invoice (somewhere around 9% off MSRP) as most dealers have 2011 M3s with the specs I want. I doubt many people will pay cash for an M3.... We'll see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks ASU. Toronto BMW has two 2010 M3s with pretty much the same specs as the ones at Budds, and Maranello also has a pair (red and yellow). I'm somewhat resigned on the price disparity between Canada and the US, but the financing/leasing rates are downright insulting. In the US you can get 1%-3% financing, whereas here its 7%.

Even with your info, I think i'll go in at something around $1000-$1500 over invoice (somewhere around 9% off MSRP) as most dealers have 2011 M3s with the specs I want. I doubt many people will pay cash for an M3.... We'll see what happens.
Can't hurt to start there and if it works be sure to let me know. Again, the invoice would be 9% off of list. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
rocketm
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i E93 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Can't hurt to start there and if it works be sure to let me know. Again, the invoice would be 9% off of list. Good luck.
I heard the residual for M3 coupe is now 46% for a 3 year lease. This is extremely low.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
cap_freez
Canada
Rep

do you know What the specs are on the red one? Only budd's seems to list their inventory online

Quote:

06-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
do you know What the specs are on the red one? Only budd's seems to list their inventory online
It's actually Maranello BMW that has the red M3. Here is a link to it http://www.maranellobmw.net/new/BMW/...3396fbc512.htm. I'm going for my test drive Saturday morning. I'll see if I can take a pic of the spec sheet while i'm there.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It's actually Maranello BMW that has the red M3. Here is a link to it http://www.maranellobmw.net/new/BMW/...3396fbc512.htm. I'm going for my test drive Saturday morning. I'll see if I can take a pic of the spec sheet while i'm there.
If I remember correctly it had MDrive/Nav, Executive and extended leather. The only issue with the extended leather is the interior is black. It looks very nice but it is a waste of money IMO to have extended with black. You really can't see the difference. It might have the 19" wheels but I am pushing my memory now. I saw it 3 months ago or so.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

There is also a $3k BMW incentive on the remaining 2010s so below invoice is possible

Wait for July 1 and I bet the lease/finance rates drop as well
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
cap_freez
Canada
Rep

96k ????????? it says individual paintwork and interior, I guess that's why it's so much. is it imola red ???
      06-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
96k ????????? it says individual paintwork and interior, I guess that's why it's so much. is it imola red ???
The car appeared to be Melbourne red (nothing about it indicated an individual model AFAIK - maybe they listed it incorrectly) but I believe it has been sold because it was moved out of the showroom and into the delivery bay.

Hopefully my order will go in next week. We're pretty close on pricing and have to confirm that ZCP can be ordered on such short notice.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #14
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
The car appeared to be Melbourne red (nothing about it indicated an individual model AFAIK - maybe they listed it incorrectly) but I believe it has been sold because it was moved out of the showroom and into the delivery bay.

Hopefully my order will go in next week. We're pretty close on pricing and have to confirm that ZCP can be ordered on such short notice.
What is "pretty close" shizzle?
I'm planing on ordering an E90 M3 at the end of the year (December) for delivery in March 2011.

At least one of my local BMW dealers isn't interested in discussing any discounts, and they weren't really interested in talking with me, so they're out on principal.

I'll happily order from a dealer in Toronto if you have a recommendation of someone who is reasonable.

I don't know if the Canadian ED program is the same as the US, if so ED cars I believe are in addition to a dealers allotment of M's. In that case I'd be willing to do ED if a dealer is more willing to play along, as it would be an M above and beyond their allotment. (Travel is easy for me).

Cheers Shizzle, and let us know what you end up ordering / purchasing.

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox | '17 BMW i3 BEV Protonic - Dalbergia
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #15
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
I'm planing on ordering an E90 M3 at the end of the year (December) for delivery in March 2011.

At least one of my local BMW dealers isn't interested in discussing any discounts, and they weren't really interested in talking with me, so they're out on principal.

I'll happily order from a dealer in Toronto if you have a recommendation of someone who is reasonable.

Well, today is the big day. I'm going in to place my order. I got confirmation that I can get ZCP on short notice and was quoted $5185+$400, which I understand is invoice. Basically, they're giving me a price of ~2.8% over invoice, and I was hoping for 2%. If they throw in some extra goodies, then i'll live with the difference. I'm doing a cash purchase, so I think that might be one of the reasons I'm getting traction.

My salesperson was totally cool when I showed him invoice prices. I explained that I understand we all need to make money on the deal, and it should be reasonable for both of us. At that point, he showed me invoice on everything, and he didn't put any pressure on me to buy right then (obviously I didn't since I'm going in today).

Assuming I can make a deal, i'll PM any one who wants a reference.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #16
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I'll take you up on that offer.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Well, today is the big day.
Doh! My car deals are never straightforward. I got a price I was happy with from the dealer, and the salesperson was excellent. Now my only problem is that i'll either get my car in 3 weeks, or not until October.

Apparently, the July allocation is filled across Canada, and there is no August allocation for M3s in Canada....

Based on my experience, i'm happy to refer people to my salesperson. PM me for the information.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #18
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post

I don't know if the Canadian ED program is the same as the US, if so ED cars I believe are in addition to a dealers allotment of M's. In that case I'd be willing to do ED if a dealer is more willing to play along, as it would be an M above and beyond their allotment. (Travel is easy for me).

The Canadian ED is not even close to the US. There is no discount. Basically they provide the insurance and the experience of picking it up. As well they take full responsibility for the delivery back to Canada. However remember that it will take a few weeks to get your car back into Canada after you get home from your vacation.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Doh! My car deals are never straightforward. I got a price I was happy with from the dealer, and the salesperson was excellent. Now my only problem is that i'll either get my car in 3 weeks, or not until October.

Apparently, the July allocation is filled across Canada, and there is no August allocation for M3s in Canada....

Based on my experience, i'm happy to refer people to my salesperson. PM me for the information.
Hallelujah! Just got a call from the dealer, and they managed to squeeze me in. I'll be getting my car on the 19th!

I got an AW Coupe w/ DCT, MDrive, EDC, Executive Package, CF Roof. Now its time to get a set of HRE wheels!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #20
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hallelujah! Just got a call from the dealer, and they managed to squeeze me in. I'll be getting my car on the 19th!

I got an AW Coupe w/ DCT, MDrive, EDC, Executive Package, CF Roof. Now its time to get a set of HRE wheels!
Sounds like a great car. I was torn about DCT but I must say after 2-3 weeks of driving with DCT I am very very happy with it. However, there are still some moments when my left foot is searching for the clutch. I had to wait 3 months for my order and it was painfully but necessary (335i lease was not due to July) BUT you have only 16 days to go.

Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #21
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Sounds like a great car. I was torn about DCT but I must say after 2-3 weeks of driving with DCT I am very very happy with it. However, there are still some moments when my left foot is searching for the clutch. I had to wait 3 months for my order and it was painfully but necessary (335i lease was not due to July) BUT you have only 16 days to go.

Congrats!!
Thanks ASU! Originally I was looking at a manual but was thoroughly impressed with the DCT. I'm sure I'll miss a having a clutch at some point, but it sure won't be in the mornings on the Gardiner!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #22
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The Canadian ED is not even close to the US. There is no discount. Basically they provide the insurance and the experience of picking it up. As well they take full responsibility for the delivery back to Canada. However remember that it will take a few weeks to get your car back into Canada after you get home from your vacation.
Thanks ASU.
I know that much. I was pointing out that from what I have heard ED cars are not part of the allotment. So a dealer allotted 4 M3's, can sell them all for MSRP if that is their hard line. However they can't sell a 5th for want nor money. However if the car is ED, they can sell a 5th, and it stands to reason they would be happy making some rather than no money on that 5th car.

However if what I have heard about allotment is not accurate then ED may just be for fun.

James

PS: I try to forget all about the things I know about the US and BMW's.

Appreciate 0