BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

06-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
bonwit904
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Smartphone Integration Problem - Music HELP?? (Repost)

Ok so i took delivery of my 2011 M3 this weekend (awesome!) and ordered smartphone integration with the car and also bought the corresponding cradle for the car from the dealer and it was installed on delivery. Here is my problem it charges the phone just fine, and utilizes the improved cell phone service from the roof-mounted antenna but it wont play music like it if it was plugged into the ipod hookup (which I also got). I thought that when it was docked I would be able to 1. Charge, 2. Utilize roof antenna, 3. Bluetooth, 4. play music.

What gives, am i doing something wrong? I am looking for the iphone under "external devices" just as when I have it plugged into the traditional ipod cable.

Is it even supposed to have this functionality??

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Dealer installed the wrong cradle. You need p/n 84 21 2 158 683 for the iPhone 3G/3Gs (I believe that part number is still current, it still is the one on the BMW Accessories site - look under Sedan, they left it out for Coupes - and it works for me on my 2010 coupe).