E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Changing VO in cas and frm

01-24-2022, 12:44 PM   #1
ChristianMoller
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: e91 325 touring

Changing VO in cas and frm

Hello,
Sorry to ask a stupid Q but it was a long time since i did it.
Do i have to default code cas and frm after i have added new Vo(so they know that they have the new VO)?
I know i have to do it to the modules involved but how about cas and frm?
It's a 2009 E91 325.
I'm add a AUX heater.

Thanks in advance
Christian
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:24 AM   #2
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianMoller View Post
Hello,
Sorry to ask a stupid Q but it was a long time since i did it.
Do i have to default code cas and frm after i have added new Vo(so they know that they have the new VO)?
I know i have to do it to the modules involved but how about cas and frm?
It's a 2009 E91 325.
I'm add a AUX heater.

Thanks in advance
Christian
No, you do not "default" code (i.e. use the job "SG_Codieren") the CAS and NFRM (or FRM if that's what you have)

After editing the VO, you use the job "FA_write" to store it in CAS and NFRM. You are not "coding" them, you are just changing the VO and putting it back in the places BMW decided to store it.

"Default Coding" is letting the software use the string of option codes in the VO to determine what settings should be changed in the selected modules.

So, after editing the VO and FA_writing it, you "default" code the modules relevant to the change you made (SG_Codieren using the Expertmoden or Factory Coding profile).
Appreciate 1
Mike K332.00
      01-26-2022, 02:45 PM   #3
ChristianMoller
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: e91 325 touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
No, you do not "default" code (i.e. use the job "SG_Codieren") the CAS and NFRM (or FRM if that's what you have)

After editing the VO, you use the job "FA_write" to store it in CAS and NFRM. You are not "coding" them, you are just changing the VO and putting it back in the places BMW decided to store it.

"Default Coding" is letting the software use the string of option codes in the VO to determine what settings should be changed in the selected modules.

So, after editing the VO and FA_writing it, you "default" code the modules relevant to the change you made (SG_Codieren using the Expertmoden or Factory Coding profile).
Super thanks
/Christian
Appreciate 0