///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAndrew View Post
Of course it is, who wouldn't it be, and the Mini is already a top 10 seller. Audi muscled in on BMW's patch in the mid 90s and made a good fist of it. Are you - and others here - saying that BMW should be shoved back into its box, know its place, and be morally banned from competing? That's what I meant by "rubbish", although I know some of them are just trolling of course.

The 2 series active tourer? Has-been wannabe, right? Especially if you've never driven one, or seen one, or need one. Anyway, it's the biggest-selling hybrid in Germany, recently surpassing the e-Golf. (The i3 is fourth, and the 530e tenth). Yep, all pointless to go into competition.
My point is that I am not buying a FWD BMW - because I have more confidence in the other German manufacturers who have been working with that platform for a longer period of time, and should be better at it.

Has BMW discovered a FWD method that defies physics and the inherent understeer? If so, I would be happy to give one a shot, but I am not aware that they've created something novel that changes the subjective disadvantages of a FWD platform.

BMWs have traditionally been regarded as "sporty" compared to their counterparts - whether customers were aware of it or not, some of that is based upon the fact that a RWD car handles in a more playful and sporty manner. So that's something you think would be cultivated and maximized...not discarded for some 2 series minivan sales.

And yes, that's quite an accomplishment to lead the EU in a specific segment of hybrid sales. In other news, I led my local softball team in 9th inning doubles, in the month of August last year. Pretty similar impact, in terms of breaking news.

2 series minivan. Ouch

Never thought I would see the day BMW would go full blown Plymouth Caravan
Appreciate 0