View Single Post
      04-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #8
peppernick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 vert

Quote:
well infact anything not even engine related and they not repairing for nothing because it has been re-mapped and altered!
They can't do that. They may refuse repair/replacement of any damaged components in which the failure is directly link to a modification, but not otherwise. I've been through this several times with my previous supercharged and tuned e46s and argued convincingly in support of my claim every time.

Furthermore, if your car is brand new, the car is warrantied by BMW GB. The dealer carries out the works and bill BMW in Bracknell for both parts and labour. In your dealer's eyes, it's a win-win situation for them, keep the customer happy, get paid for labour. It is very unlikely they will refuse warranty work, in fact they are stupid to do so. It's only after the 3 year factory warranty is up, the BMW AUC warranty is supplied and honoured by the dealer you renew the warranty with. That's when things can get sticky as it involves your dealer coughing up money for the parts and time for labour.

If you know the system, and establish good relationship with your local dealer, anything and everything is negotiable. Just have to work your way round it
Appreciate 0