View Single Post
      10-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
bmwstates
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Iphone BMW app works great in the US - YES

Hi all. I have been following this forum for some time and wanted to contribute with something that many people have been wondering about.

I just tested the bmw iphone remote app on my car. And it worked.

Most of you would say that the iphone app is not available to the US market. But, here are the steps that you can take and start using it right here in the US.

1. Create an itunes account in the UK (you may provide a random address). You can do that even if you live here in the US. The only constraint is you can't purchase apps that are not free. But "My BMW Remote" iphone app is for free. So, you can download it without a problem on your PC/Mac.

2. Transfer the app to your iphone.

3. You will get two options - demo mode or actual registration. Click on the latter.

4. Enter your BMW Assist account user name (This is the email you provided BMW the day you bought the car. It gets active right away. I was able to use the app a few hours after I got the car).

5. Enter the password that you provided your dealer when setting up the BMW Assist account.

6. You get a new screen asking for a password again. It is the same password.

7. You will see a screen that shows exactly your car's model and color. Click on it (not on the arrow). Here you may set up pin code for privacy.

8. Now you can start using all functions of My BMW Remore iphone app: a) remote open and lock the car; b) find the location of your car; c) sound the horn; d) flash the headlights. All of these are working great, and yes, here in the US.

What I am missing is remote climate contol and the ability to send google addresses right from within the app.

I hope this will help you start using this great app. It works with a delay (about 30 seconds). But, it is great to have that option.

Let me know how yours is working.

Cheers
Appreciate 0