stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
BMW designers are the best? Who knew
If there are, say, 1000 designers out of 7.8 billion people on earth, you would think BMW could score some of the best ones. Here let me help. Let's pretend you've hired a plumber. They end up completely botching the work. Do you then say, "well I couldn't have fixed it, so I'll pay for it anyway"? Or.. do you expect a plumber to do their job.

The designers at BMW have lost it. Now arguably we could say this is what the majority of their buyers, who are now in China, prefer. But for NA this design language is not appealing. Quite simply, it's bad design. We can get technical about it but frankly I think you probably agree it looks terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Lol ok. Although not sure why I need to supply you with pen & paper. No doubt you have access to those items. Feel free to whip something up and post it here. More specifically the vehicle we're "reviewing" - I'd love to see your sketches
No need to be aggressive. In fact, we can look at the E46 and E92 which were heralded as some of the most tasteful and beautifully proportioned 4 seater coupes of all time. Surely you have noticed that BMW itself cannot seem to decide on a direction, with connected grilles, unconnected grills, Kia grilles, massive grilles, thin grilles, low hood, high hoods, short overhangs, long overhangs, and on and on. Even the distinctive Hoffmeister kink has been diluted. It is arguably bad for the brand which has less design cohesion than Toyota.
Mehim76.50
paliknight2186.50
A6bullet336.00