EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils41 View Post
I'm only on PC since it offered the most at the time. I started my setup on my desk and then moved to an actual rig. This was 6 years ago so options were still limited by todays market.
This is all my opinion/ if I were to do it all over again. if you do go with a rig get a sturdy one that will have some future proofing. If you want to DIY I think 80/20 simg rigs is still a good option. I had a GT omega its okay, its not as sturdy as the 80/20 builds and lacks in some areas.

I started with a Logitech G920, got a used Fanatec belt wheel after for a bit and then moved to the DD CSL. Having a good set of pedals that have a Loadcell is a must have IMO.

I've used rigs with Triples but for me nothing beats VR although it has its drawbacks. I started with a Oculus CV1 but am using a HP Reverb G2 now.
VR is a mixed bag, requires a bit more setup and troubleshooting at times, and long races get HOT!!!!. BUT, nothing beats the ability to be able to look into a corner, check your blind spot and you get a much better sense of distance in VR.

Hope this helps but if you wanna do some research there's a Sim Racing group on FB that should be a good spot to ask for some gear options based on budget too.
I appreciate the feedback here but I’m not really concerned about how to make a good rig. I’m more concerned with the question, will a sim rig ever give me most of the real life driving experience? I’m down to spend $10k on a setup with all the top of the line sim gear, but would that money be better spent on brakes, tires, and track fees?

Sounds like you have a lot of sim experience, have you been able to scratch that itch of real driving? Or should I just not even try to replicate the real driving experience?
Appreciate 1
Devils41262.50