View Single Post
      10-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
Gary_C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Anything with Brembo's

The difference is all in the caliper.

Brembo's Gran Turismo (GT) kits already employ the highest quality, longest lasting, brake discs directly from their top level racing division. Combined with billet aluminum hats, and patented McLaren float hardware, you have a true 2pc. fully floating disc that remains noise free during practical use. These are the same rotors (just with different rotor hardware) as you will see track side at just about any professional racing event.

The Brembo Gran Turismo "R" (GT-R) kits will include the new billet aluminum, nickel plated, monobloc calipers to that the system to the next level. The end result being a system that is equally competent on a weekend road trip, or from pit lane out onto the track for competitive racing...essentially a race bred system with subtle additions that allow nearly maintenance free performance for the life of the system. Simply replace pads and rotors as they wear (which also happen to have the best longevity of any after market braking option), and enjoy!

Unlike competitors products where they may apply some additional weight savings techniques, and add a prettier finish to their standard caliper systems, these are truly purpose built performance calipers engineered to rival the performance of top level racing systems as seen in the likes of ALMS.
BremboGuy on TWITTER Enthusiast Extraordinaire - While I do happen to work for Race Technologies, US Distributor for BREMBO Brakes, this is my personal account and the views and opinions expressed here are my own, and NOT that of Brembo or Race Technologies. The information I share is 100% factual to the best of my knowledge and I will be the first to admit when I am wrong.
Appreciate 0