View Single Post
      02-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Thanks for the color, ulrichd. One thing to keep in mind is the difference between prices that are OFFERED, vs. prices that are clearing. If a car is offered at a certain price, in almost all cases it is actually sold lower.

I am actually in discussions with an interested party that is local to me and I have seen the car. Leather, heated seats, sports package, under 3K miles, tire and rim protection warranty (pretty much the options I would get if I were to buy a new one now). Neither I nor the seller are in a hurry to do it this week, but considering I am a cash buyer in this economy and depreciation going only one way, I would say that I am in a better leverage position and willing to wait it out if I have to, or pull the trigger fast for the car that 'rocks my boat' fully.

I also have access to Manheim, will likely be going there in a week or so. Tough to say what will show up, and I am willing to pay a premium and get a car I can actually meet the owner (hence why I am on this board) than a car that is with little known history (e.g. body part respray, fender bender, etc. though granted most of these cars given how new they are are accident free and in many cases are bank repossessions). But if the discount is meaningful (and at these auctions it often is, you should see what 07 997TT or Lambos are going for these days ut I digress), I may pull the trigger there.

I am a mature buyer and will disclose what my options are as I progress in my search. My intent is not to low ball people, but at the end of the day consumate a transaction that works well for both parties. I will likely be giving an update of what options I have in the principal of full disclosure, so folks feel I am being fair and not in the hunt to extort someone...

Last edited by ///M1; 02-15-2009 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0