09-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #14
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
Assuming this is the same spec you ordered, and that you also got this for MSRP??
I guess you can move Christmas day forward

Very nice car, congrats.

Yeah, dude! I couldn't believe my luck! I was expecting the SA to ask for $5k or $10k market adjustment as we've been seeing all along from other dealerships. But, here's what happened:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
By the way, if anybody is looking for a SoCal allocation at MSRP... please give Davin a call at 858-357-4956. He says he'd be happy to get folks allocations. And, apparently, BMW of Encinitas is one of the top 10 M dealers in the country, so he says they get a lot of allocations.

Funny story: So, I show up, was not planning at all to buy the car, was just going to take a look at HS in person. Davin, the SA, asks me if I'm interested, and I say, "Well, I know how this works. There's a market adjustment and there's no way you're going to sell this at MSRP." He says, "I'll totally sell you the car right now for MSRP." I didn't believe him at all. And then we signed the papers! So, I asked him, "Come on, man! Other dealerships have $5k or $10k market adjustments and we've even seen one on Bimmerpost for $20k markup. How in the world were you able to get your manager to agree to sell at MSRP?" He said, "Well, the manager and I have a long history together, and he lets me get away with a lot. So, I just filled out all the paperwork, went into his office, told him that I'd already sold the car, and started walking out the door. When asked for how much, I shouted over my shoulder 'MSRP,' and by that time, I was already out the door, so what could he say?" Turns out, he's a Bimmerpost guy too! I told him, "Dude, there are lots of folks looking for M2C allocations at MSRP." And he said, "Really?" I was like, "Dude, it's all over the forum!" He said, "Oh... Yeah, I'm always on the F80 forum, while you're probably on F87!" He's got an E46 and an F80. Got pulled over driving at 117 mph in a 45 mph zone late at night in Encinitas. So, yeah... an idiot, oops, I mean, enthusiast, like the rest of us.

Anyway, great guy, and will do MSRP!
Appreciate 0