View Single Post
      02-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #8
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Are you sure that the car didn't have "variable sport steering"? Because that would provide exactly the same experience you had.

Also , the ca's are idiots. Neither one of them has driven the new m3 so their opinions are uninformed, useless and irrelevant.

Finally, electic steering in of itself does not mean it is bad. I had a 997tt and have driven a new 991 which has electric steering , and that car drove incredibly well and I loved the steering.

I am convinced the m3 steering will be good. The suspension of the m3 has the potential to be amazing and this has a huge impact on steering feel as does the huge weight loss
No the CAs were not comparing any car against the new M3. They were basically telling me the new 335's electric steering was totally crap compared to the old E9X M3. They didn't know anything about the new M3 nor did I ask them about it.

I also know what you are talking about in that electric steering is not bad but it was badly implemented in the F30 series. I didn't know that the M guys specifically said the electrical steering was using a new hardware/software, so now I feel better.
Appreciate 0