muwarrior07
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
^ This.

Why not the E90? Or a M3 and a "family" car?

I have two kids and bit the bullet for a minivan as my wife wanted one. It is not as flashy the X5, but it gets great gas mileage (for a non-diesel), is relatively cheap to insure, and has a larger and more useable amount of interior space to pretty much any SUV.Given the cost of our Sienna Limited and my E93, we would be at a wash the cost of an X5M alone. The E90 would be cheaper than the E93, making the math even better.

Yeah, I know, "minivan". Truth be told there is a lot of bang for the buck there. We likely head back to the US in a little over a year and when I offered to get my wife an X3 or X5 as a replacement for her Sienna, she deferred to just getting another Sienna Limited. I told her to consider all models of the X5, as well. She feels that she will trade the flash for the higher content in the van. Back in the US, the X5 would be a waste anyway....

Granted the X5M will be one of the fastest things out there for moving the family around, but I could not get over the purchase price and overall cost of ownership (maintenance in Europe, fuel, and insurance). I'd rather "humble' myself to a loaded out Sienna for kid duty and put the other $55K I would save on the X5M or the $20K I would I save on the X5 Premium and put in the market.

Just my two cents.
+1
Appreciate 0