03-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #13
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMike View Post
So, what exactly can you change at a later date? I have been debating whether to order now or just wait until the dealers get more information (including pricing). Any idea how much sooner your delivery will be if you order now vs. waiting a couple of weeks?
Mike,

My order is part of the dealers allotment, ordering now gives you the opportunity to pick one of the dealers first deliveries and customize it as you want. Most of the aesthetic options can be changed once the car is scheduled for build, which happens about 6 weeks before delivery. If you dont place an order you will just have to pick from dealer stock, or order a car later delaying the process further. Now if you walk into a dealer on 3/30 and they havent gotten a single order for the car yet, then it probably wont make a difference in the timing, however I went on 3/6 and was the third order at the dealer, so it gives me the impression the demand will be there, even more so after the mass media picks it up after the Javits Center Auto show.

I didn't want to chance it, so i just gave them a deposit, and now I know there is nothing else I can do to get the car faster. I looked at audi, MB, and lexus, and Infiniti, there was nothing astonishing about any of them, so the 5 series is for me.
Appreciate 0