08-01-2020, 11:33 AM   #69
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhumr View Post
RDX - Seems to be perfectly sized and sporty, but gets bad marks for reliability and that touchpad is a spoiler.
I would recommend the RDX, only reliability issues I've heard of are the tech which are most likely already fixed/updated. The touchpad while not the most intuituve can most likely be adapted to, otherwise a very nice car, good driving dynamics and powertrain, fairly practical, and a very nice interior.

Quote:
XC60 - Super nice, plenty of power, nice size. My top complaint is that ventilated seats are only available as part of an outrageously expensive massaging seat option.
Love the seats and interior, however the all touchscreen system is slow on boot-up and houses all the HVAC controls would be a big turn off. Volvo reliability is also questionable with the new engines using both turbo's and superchargers. Also surprisingly for how boring Volvo's are they for some reason have very stiff suspensions.

Quote:
Grand Cherokee - The Summit is very nice, especially in white leather. But man that car has looked the same for 100 years and drives more like a truck than a sporty SUV. The 2021 version will be all-new but hasn't been revealed yet.
The looks have actually aged well, but I'd never buy a new car that shares its platform with a 20-year old Mercedes ML, and FCA reliability is questionable at best.

Quote:
Sorrento - All-new and looks interesting and full of features, but I suspect it's a boring drive (no driving impression reviews yet).
Not bad, I assume you're referring to the new 2021 updates, new Kia's are very class competitive and worth a look if you ask me. The new Santa Fe (the equivalent Hyundai) is also very nice and a good value.

Quote:
Edge - Rumors is they're finally gonna update the 2002-style infotainment setup for MY2021, so I'm curious if true. ST has a V6.
I wouldn't reccomend the Edge. Nothing really all that wrong with it and one of the more reliable Ford's out there, but the driving position is extremely terrible. Seating is way too high, and due to the cab forward design and short hood, the dash is the size of a football field with terrible blind spots and a thick a-pillars, it just feels extremely awkward to sit in.

Quote:
Passport - Heard this thing is FAST, but the styling is dreadfully boring inside and out, even for Honda.
Not bad, but a little too minivan like with the Pilot's cabin, although very practical and spacious, albeit outdated since its based on the Pilot, wonder if they've fixed the transmission issues.

Quote:
Venza - Bringing back in 2021 and it looks more like a Lexus than a Toyota, but it only comes in hybrid so probably a bore to drive.
Not bad either, but its no more practical than a Rav4 according to Car and Driver due to the raked roofline, and like you said, will be a bore to drive.
3798j11413.50
jmhumr49.00