View Single Post
      04-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
shifterboy45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
OP, are you sure you did not test a 2011 335is ? It surely sounds like it...we will probably find out in about 2 weeks...
this was a 2011 335 E92 6AT --
with 27mi on the clock ... straight off the truck and freshly PDI'd !!

I drive a 2009 E92 6MT -- not tuned and no slouch..

the car i drove was a TWIN TURBO POWER car -- i did check under the hood before i left on my drive.. i left the car is DS so my shifts would be a little tighter .. couldnt ring it out .. cuz its still new .. and surely not mine -- so i had to respect that

the other poster drove a sedan? possible difference..

-- now i'm not trying to "throw the baby out with the bath water" by any means.. i still love my car -- but the *readily* apparent throttle response is what impressed me..

and it was clear when i got in my car to go to lunch -- mine still has that nice on-boost feel to it -- just takes a lil longer for it to give me the "full effect"

but like i said, ive driven the 2010 E92 6AT Power Kit/Performance Exhaust car also, and i believe (butt dyno only) the 2011 pulls harder and a lot smoother-- torque delivery is almost instantaeous .. coming back i made a quick corner - at low speed, and gave it a tiny bit of gas and could hear the rear tires chirping ever so slightly --

i drive cars, test performance, evaluate repairs for a living -- i just posted my impressions, since i had a chance to drive the car (unexpectedly) i was probably the second person to do so. there will be plenty of other people who will give their feedback on this platform - maybe there will be one at a dealer close by -- if you have a chance check one out, and let us know what you think --

im a jaded N54 driver - but i had to give props where props were due ...
Appreciate 0