View Single Post
      04-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo5001 View Post
So my AW 135i is my first car and my family has not really hand washed their vehicles. I don't want to send my car to a car wash either. Anyone have any tips on how to finish the car after cleaning (waxing), like what type of wax and proper ways to apply it? Any help would be appreciated. :smile: I want to do a before and after picture with her! (She is really dirty at the moment )
Short version:

wash-clay-polish-wax

tips:

1) wash the wheels first. If you don't the car paint might dry while you're cleaning them and leave many spots, which are deposits. Start with fresh water/car wash when you begin the body. Dry it well with a towel that won't scratch the paint.

2) apply polish and wax (separately) with a machine such as Griot's orbital and remove by hand. Clay first of course. Use a mild polish unless you have a deep scratch to remove, then apply a stronger polish to that are only. Finish that area with the mild polish.

3) the use of purpose made products is ideal (wash, clay, waxes, drying towels, applicators, etc.)

4) See Griots.com. That's all you need to know.

Note: you only need to polish and wax a few times per year. You may have to clay more often, perhaps as often as you wash depending on the area you live and what you find on the paint finish day to day.