View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 01:09 PM   #50
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So your comment is interesting in the view of what the Ford Motor Company is doing with the Mustang Mach E. Ford basically dropped all its car models, retained its CUVs and SUVs, and pickups. Dropping the car models was strategic to develop the E-Stang. As far as my interest in EV, the Mustang Mach E is the only one that holds my interests at the moment. It's modern-looking, yet not in an electric spaceship way. Still mostly traditional inside and out, with a good product mix at the trim level. Lower-range faster-models to a reasonable priced RWD big battery architecture and 300-mile range, with a respectable 5-second 60-time.

True total-cost-of-ownership for EVs is still a decade away from competing with ICE, especially considering all EVs are range and charging-time limited and ICE is not. IMO Tesla is actually making the switch to EV difficult. It leads the EV industry for sure, the "tech" is not that impressive to people who want an affordable car at a resonable price. EVs are great for people who can afford expensive cars at a more than 50-cents per-mile price. Most of the market buys cars that cost 30-cents per-mile to operate.
In a couple of years or sooner Evs will reach parity and then some. And thats ignoring all oil leaks from gaskets that fail after 50k miles, water pumps, etc

Ices are not gonna get any cheaper but batteries will a lot.

Just wait till tesla comes out with a 20k range small car and the it's game over

It won't be long before evs get more range than ices. Just look at the spec for the 600+ mile roadster.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13142.00