View Single Post
      08-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
.BMWPaul
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E87 116i M-Sport

So I've been busy over the weekend swapping the wheels over and the strange noise is certainly coming from the front wheels.

FRONT--REAR = RESULT
VMR-----VMR = noise
207m--- VMR = no noise
207m--- 207m = no noise
VMR-----207m = noise

After mounting on the VMR wheels I turned the wheel out on full lock and took the following photos:

As you can see that the inside of the rim is very close to the strut assembly however, it's not touching. And in the 2nd photo, I put some paste on the inside rim just to see if it touches the strut assembly whilst the car is in motion. I went out for a drive around my estate going over speed bumps and have found that the rim does not touch the trut assembly as the paste has not transferred onto it. I really cannot see what else can be touching the wheel causing the hollow grinding noise. It makes me feel I regret buying these rims but they just look amazing

I did record the noise but during playback it seems like the mic could pick it up.

Does anyone know if the source could be the tyres or its pressure? Or maybe something else?

Last edited by .BMWPaul; 08-12-2011 at 02:56 AM..
Appreciate 0