View Single Post
      04-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #19
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Talking

Having driven over 4,500 kms around Europe...
and just a couple of rounds on a patch of german woods...

my Luxury line 335i performed beautifully....
... and that's even without/never touching the Sport button switch!!

it's unbelievable how compliant the car is, around twisties and ups and downs...!!

I am very impressed, and that's all while lugging around baggages and 3 adults on-board!

All i can recommend, you dont even ne ed to have Sport Suspension to enjoy the thing...
you dont ne ed to have M-Suspension, unless you are a hardcore, and will do tracks, and even then, if you track the car, you probably would n e e d better equipments anyways...

So tell your sister to go with whatever lines she prefers...
it doesn't matter the suspension... she will be satisfied, even with the basic one!

the Sport and M-Sport will only make it harsher,
if that's what she likes...

But i doubts she is more an enthusiast driver than me.

No F30 is a wrong Choice guys... just go buy them blindly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezz View Post
If the regular sport suspension is so compliant, I wonder if I really should swing for that M adaptive... could save and just get Sirius instead
Only based on my experience of Comfort setting of the 335i Luxury:
You dont really need M adaptive ... (tho i never tried it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
This depends on the model year E9x. Most E9x cars had the original suspension, but BMW revised the E9x suspension for MY2011 (new Sachs dampers and other changes) and the improvement in ride quality was substantial. We had a 2009 wagon that road far worse than my M-Sport 2011.

My M-Sport 2011 car has a slightly more jiggly ride than our new F30 Luxury Line (i.e. it transmits more minor road imperfections), but strange as it may sound, the impact harshness on the F30 over bigger road imperfections is much worse. I attribute this in great part to the F30 wheels/tires which are 1" larger in circumference compared with the E9x, which means they're probably heavier.

The F30 standard suspension also allows the car to get tossed around a lot more than the E9x Sport/M-Sport, so that makes the car feel less luxurious than it should in my book.

F30 Sport Line is different of course -- I haven't driven one yet.
I 100% confirm that!! This car (with basic suspension) is made to run round and round a certain 20 kms...

EDIT: i didnt get the original questions until now:
to answer you: Your sister can safely choose to buy the Sport Line,
no fear of the suspension being harsher...
it is not harsher than the Modern or Luxury...
All three lines have the same compliant multipurpose suspension!!

The Sport Line has the advantage of having one more setting : Sport +

That's all, otherwise, they are the same, with no difference...
All three will perform beautifully well...!!!

Last edited by DrivenByE30; 04-24-2012 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 0