View Single Post
      03-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #19
M Fanatic
Banned
Rep
Drives: An ///M

Anyone who is paying that kind of money for an M3 is crazy in my opinion. My friends are getting quotes like 1160/month for a fully loaded 120k M5 with nothing down and taxes upfront. One of them is a 120k car, the other is a 80k car, yet their payment is the same. That should tell you something. Not only you are getting taxed big time on the 58% residual vs what we were used to in the M3s %61 and above but you are also getting ripped off on the 7-8k MSRP on top of the invoice. It's like getting ripped off twice. It makes no sense whatsoever. I am not paying MSRP myself as I have a good relationship with the dealer (except I will have to wait a month before I take delivery, which is fine), but even I am re-thinking my options at this point. The invoice on the M3 is 91.9% of the MSRP value, do the math yourself and make sure you factor in the 3-4% residual difference that will happen next year to 6 months.

M3 is a 800-900/month car. Not a penny more. I'm happy to pay 50-60 bucks more a month, but even that is a stretch. It's over 2 grand extra for the life of the lease and remember the first year teething problems that all of us will have to deal with.
Appreciate 0