Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Radar Detector Hardwire Install

Hey hey kiddies,

Using this DIY, I was able to hardwire my radar detector. There were a few adjustments to the install from the way dd9181 performed his install. But that DIY is a great starting point for us F22 owners.

A few things to note:

1) His DIY is for a sedan, and the way he feeds the wire from the trunk to the passenger area isn't identical to our coupes. I ended up removing the rear seat bottom to access the carpeting (just pull straight up, it comes out easily). Feed the wire from the edge of the carpeting back into the trunk area, and you're good to go. I did remove the little black plastic holding the carpeting down. This made it a bit simpler to access the trunk as it gave me a bit more room to work with under the carpet.

2) He mounted his detector next to the rear-view mirror, so you run the wire up the a-pillar. I wanted mine lower, as low as possible. So, I ran the cabling around the bottom of the dash, hanging the cables with cable ties and cable tie mounts under the dash. The SmartCord mute button is just right of the cup holders.

Here are some pics:

View post on imgur.com

Any questions or thoughts, feel free to contact me