04-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
roadburn
rrroadburn
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Hey Roadburn, any pics to go with the review? I was at Target today looking at the Ice wax and their weird Ice liquid clay treatment. How much of a difference did it make? Can you compare it to other typical over the counter wax products? Any info, thoughts, and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
I was a Meguiar's guy & always liked their top-end products. In fact, it was a Meguiar's product that convinced me to try Ice -- namely, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer (photo attached).

This stuff is liquid magic for touching up your shine, much better than other detailers I've tried (though I haven't tried the Ice detailer). I loved the way the Meguiar's spray worked on all surfaces -- no worries about overspray, or a cleaning cloth brushing against a window. No white residue in tight seams. The Ultimate stuff just works like a charm on everything.

But Meguiar's doesn't have a wax with those same characteristics. So I tried Ice (I tried it first on my wife's Ford). It works the same way.

It goes on a little weird, more filmy than waxy, but it buffs to a great shine. I used one microfiber towel to remove the stuff, and then a fresh one to buff. More layers can mean more shine, they say.

It's not a "cleaning" wax (which I like -- no solvents or abrasives), but that means your car needs to be really clean first. I washed my 135 in the driveway (using Meguiar's) -- and had 5 different neighbors stop by or holler compliments.

I didn't shoot the 135 after I shined it; I hopped in & pressed "start."
Attached Images

CXXXVi
Appreciate 0