View Single Post
      01-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
karlenstein
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
My understanding there are now various BMW OEM kits for the various 1 series cars.
i.e. the 130 includes the front rotor backing plates among other things, otherwise I believe these may need to be cut to clean the caliper
Oh right... yes mine was ordered specific for the 130i.. But i still had to slightly cut-out a bit of the rear rotor backing plate to clear the rear calipers.

I beleive the supplied front spare backing plates are ment for use on the 130i built after 7/2007 (there was an all-german disclaimer saying that...).

I did not read that note at first so I replaced mine with the spare ones but noticed they were exactly identical as the ones i had already on (dirty but still ok).

Now i will need to find some decent track pads hoping that they won't be too much aggressive on the brake rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_UK View Post
Ah yes, I was there in 2007 with my amber 350Z, I remember there was a dark grey italian s2000 that wiped out at blanchimont - just like raikkonen in 2008... I guess it was a friend of yours?

I'm planning to get some semi-slicks to take along, but for me the issue is where to leave 4 wheels/tyres whilst driving at the ring, after checking out of the hotel??

How do the Michelins compare with the R888s?

All the best!
Yes, that was my friend Claudio, he resurrected his S2000 and went back to Spa the year later and maybe will be coming this year too.

I remember your 350Z at Spa.. i am sure i have it in one of my on-board camera car vids.

Last year i was at the MLR day with my black 350Z with 5Zigen monotube exhaust, black OEM wheels with red lip and semislick tyres.

Pilot Sport Cups are better than R888s (they last more laps) but they might run for less Km in their life and are a little scary on the wet compared to the R888s.

See you in May! :wink: