DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hov333 View Post
congrats on the install. I'd love some outside revving clips. now that you have these, based on the gains, would you say its worth the $$$ for these? I'm debating it but if every gain (sound,spool up, power) are minimal than I may just go the catless route once people figure out if the secondary cat will be enough to pass smog tests. What things did you consider when you were ordering this?
One thing I considered was the experience that WalkedU had trying out catless DPs. He couldn't stand the sound of it with his full cat back exhaust. I heard the vid of the sound, and it was really bad.

However, Terry has catless DPs and reinstalled his stock secondary cats and mufflers (and since his car is an e90, it also has resonators, which I'm uncertain if he reinstalled those, but I believe he did; e92s have no resonators). I have not heard how that sounds, but Terry said it is quiet compared to catless with full cat back exhaust.

I chose the catted DPs based on their ability to reduce the exhaust volume but still provide some gains. The gains are not as significant as catless, but catless are not an option for me if they sound so loud that daily driving in the car becomes unbearable. My car would fail emissions in GA, which requires yearly testing regardless of when you purchased your car, with the catless downpipes. In addition, I can remove the secondary cats, while keeping the stock mufflers, and further increase exhaust flow and increase h/p.

Last edited by DrewKo; 12-10-2007 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0