07-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #659
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsocold View Post
sorry but you make no sense at all bmw offers flat bottom steering wheels as a performance option.
Also the steering is so responsive you dont even have to turn the steering past 9 and 3 o clock
Say what you want but this low level C class benz has a better looking interior then all the new bmw's in my opinion besides the m850 as now they are taking notes from mercedes. hah
This right here is the closest thing BMW offers to a flat-bottom wheel and it's still more of a slightly squished circle shape rather than a true flat-bottom shape. It's optional as well and does not come as standard equipment, so they are not selling the car by using gimmicks. Porsche also understands the practicality of a round wheel as I don't believe any of their standard production cars use a flat-bottom wheel. Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but clearly MB is betting on people who like that gimmicky, tasteless interior space and not people who appreciate a functional, timeless interior space that caters to the driving enthusiast. Just my 2 cents.
Kankles1484.50
Weiman156.00