12-28-2022, 08:14 AM   #83
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasn View Post
Dropping the CX-5 would be a bit of a head scratcher considering 2021 was its best sales year ever in the US, despite its relative age. Looks to be on pace for a slight drop from a little over 160k last year to around 150k this year, and even at only 150k sold that's not exactly a drop in the bucket considering Mazda only sells about 300k cars a year in America. Definitely understand trying to move more CX-50s but I think there's room for both models to coexist. Plus, not sure how they do it but those refreshed CX-5s look incredibly crisp and premium, arguably more so than X3/Q5/GLCs etc.
I thought I had read about a year ago where the current gen CX-5 was the last and would be dropped in favor of the CX-50 in a year or two. I hope not though, I think it is the best of the CUV segment even with its considerable age of the base chassis (in car years).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0