02-01-2021, 06:56 PM   #17
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
This is insanely cool. I remember watching a review of the civilian version and was blown away by what the thing could do. That was the first time I ever heard of one as I lived in Europe.

Just out of curiosity, what do these things go for in auction?
Thank you - I am absolutely loving it!

Detailed auction info is avail online (free). I believe it even shows what each bid cycle is from low to win.

If you ever seriously start looking shoot me a DM. There are some specific 'tiers' you want to focus on. But depending on which engine/trans combo and overall condition I have seen them go from under $10k to over $50k - raw from auction. One of the first things you'll learn if you ever start looking is that while anyone can buy from these auctions, you need gov clearance that can take months and months to get before you can pick up whatever you end up buying.

There are some great videos out there re your mention of seeing one years ago. The civilian H1 vs mil spec HMMWV is an interesting chat. I looked fairly close at H1s before going forward with the mil surplus option. But I digress - that's another whole thread. I will say imo, sans a bunch of excess 90s plastic and carpet, my mil spec one is one in the same. That is a very divisive opinion though - to each their own!

Re videos - this is long for today's attention spans and low quality but friggin' awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZG5...6Ys32&index=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Does it have heat? I saw a few of these at cars and coffee in SF this weekend. Super cool trucks.
That's awesome they were out at c&c !

Heat - yes

AC - no

AC is easy enough to add. About $4k for the correct system and then depending on diy ability the install labor.

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0